week of firsts...

i realized this morning that this past week has been a week of "firsts" for me. so i thought i'd make a list :)

first time i:
- roasted cauliflower
- returned something to publix. seriously, got a loaf of bread with huge holes all through it...what??
- had thanksgiving with vasa!!! have i mentioned that i'm in love with that kid?
- ran 13.1 miles TWICE in one week.
- ran with madison!! she's so fun to run with. her & lizzie - my running favs!
- had to figure out how to tell the worship team that jay wouldn't be there to lead...ahh! poor sick guy.
- booked a hotel on priceline
- went riding with jay AND luke. super fun.
- rode on a cruiser. i want jay to get one of those instead of a sport bike.
- bought a splint for my bunion. (gross i know.)
- almost peed in the woods...but THANKFULLY found a lodge :)
- went to walmart and kindof enjoyed it
- ate cranberry sauce with jalapeno in it. YUM.
- bought a book on parenting
- had a quiet time in a baby's nursery on thanksgiving :)

that might be it for my week of firsts.

i hope it's my LAST thanksgiving without a baby.

i can't even explain how fabulous God has been through this entire process. every time i think He's forgotten us or isn't going to come through on His promise (ridiculous i know...) He does something sweet to remind me that His hand is all over this adoption. i love it.

it's such an amazing journey. i wouldn't trade it for anything. not even experiencing my own pregnancy. there's an element of faith that comes with adoption that is becoming more & more precious to me. is that weird?

the stories of the birth moms that we get emails about amaze me. they may have made some really, really poor choices but i so much appreciate that they are choosing life for their baby. i pray for them, for their growing baby, for their hearts as they chose a family to give their child to, etc. i sometimes wanna slap them for continuing to do drugs, drink, smoke, etc through their pregnancy. it breaks my heart. but it just keeps me on my knees for the innocent, sweet baby they are carrying.

i know i sound saintly or something. trust me - i AM NOT. half the time i complain, whine, pout, fuss about this process. i just have moments of peace & this happens to be one of them.

in other news - i love pinterest.

i love my family. i mean LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

ps - i'm not going back to read over this. so forgive errors :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert