thursday rant

today i'm going to rant about things. so just bare with me.

first, i'd like to talk about expensive things. overpriced really...

like chill & other yogurt places. don't get me wrong, i know the yogurt is good & it's a fun place to meet friends, etc. but seriously?! why would i want to pay that much money for ONE serving of yogurt when i can hit up publix and buy a GALLON for the same price. ridiculous.  same goes for brusters & other ice cream places...no thanks.

i hope i dont offend the owners of these places. but what are the odds they read my blog!? ha. here goes more...

these boutiques in town - KILL ME. thanks for posting on fb every shirt & dress that comes in your store. sure, it's cute. but again, seriously?! i dont want to pay $60 for a shirt. notice my name has never been tagged in their postings. they don't even know i exist.

why isn't everything in the dollar store $1?

why does walmart have 40 lanes and only open 2?

ashley furniture showroom...dumbest store ever. why would i want to go there and NOT be able to buy something and leave with it??????

speaking of that - when is H&M going to join the rest of the dang world and allow online orders?

i wish columbus had a la paz and/or chipotle. someone open them...please :)

i do not appreciate people that park crooked. i know you dont want people to hit your car. none of us do. but do us all a favor and park at the end of the parking lot....as crooked as your heart desires.

baby stuff - seriously. there are obnoxious amounts of baby gadgets. i know my parents didnt have that crap and we turned out just fine. so you can keep your wipe warmers, 17 different swing options, special spoons, etc. gabe needs diapers, formula and clothes. back off with all your other mess! UNLESS its a shower gift...then its sweet, perfectly ok and i will use it. :)

oh.my.gosh. PROM these days. i despise, despise, despise this whole ask your girlfriend or date to prom in a special/fantastic way. IT'S NOT A WEDDING PROPOSAL. i hate it. sorry girls. but this is stupid. whatever happened to simply asking, "wanna go to prom?"  it's ridiculous. good luck proposing later in life boys. these spoiled girls are going to expect a launch into space or something. stupid.

another thing that annoys me - talking about babies ages in weeks. i have no clue how many weeks old gabe is. ha! i just know he's almost 4 months old. why do we talk in weeks????  i guess for moms who've read the books or had several kids the weeks mean something (like oh i bet he's rolling over, teething, eating cereal...etc.) but for me it just means trying to do math in my head to try and figure out how old your kid is. just tell me. thanks.

what else can i complain about? :)  ha!

panera. are you going through a lettuce shortage? seriously. people who get half salads have the same amount of lettuce in their bowl as i do. that gets on my nerves. dont skip me. i just paid $10 for that stupid salad...fill my bowl.

columbus police dept. could you please focus on criminals instead of people speeding? i know speeding is bad...but so is robbing people and killing people. when less folks are getting shot while exercising at the freakin' park - we'll get back to speeding. ok?! everyone seems to be getting robbed. i hate criminals. i even heard a story this week about a lady who had to pay $500 on the spot or go to jail for her cell phone ringing in court (probably while my brothers house is being robbed..). awesome. thanks. ps - she went to jail.

military police - thanks for pulling me over once for not using my turn signal. i laughed in your face. a turn signal? really. well, i wish you all could've seen this poor guy when i rolled down my window and found out why i was being pulled over. i laughed. then handed him everything in my glove compartment b/c i didnt know what he needed. yes, including a tampon. that fell out of his hands. hilarious. he didnt give me a ticket. but use your blinkers out there folks, it's serious.

dont get me started on folks who let their kids run around in restaurants...

i'm probably not done......i just have to go. :)
















Comments

  1. This is great. And made my day. You may already know this but there is a Chipotle in Auburn. Totally worth the 45 minute drive for the goodness that is a burrito bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the laughs Kaci! :) Gill and I about had a wreck when we first moved to Columbia and passed a Chipotle. :) It is B.A.D. to have one so close... we enjoy it too much! As far as the prom comment, what concerns me more is that they have to have dress codes for prom... what happened to the dresses and where are the parents? Just sayin'.
    Good to see you a couple of weeks back. Gabe is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here here!!!! to the La Paz/Chipotle part! I love those two places. I get my fix when I go to Birm once a month with the hubs. Taziki's....have you been to Taziki's? they have one in Atl- it's like Zoe's but 50% better!!

    Once again, thanks for making me smile today :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert