i have no topic...

i dont have anything to blog about. but i get sad when blogs i follow go weeks without blogging. so i figured i'd throw one out there for the few that read mine :)

few things first. i DESPISE roaches. i have no freakin clue why we can't seem to get rid of them in our house but we keep seeing them. i am ILL. hopefully jay called the exterminator to come AGAIN... gross.

i think it is impossible to keep fingernail polish from chipping. i painted mine monday afternoon and dang if they aren't looking worn already. forget it.

i paint my nails b/c i have this GI Jane haircut so i think painted nails makes me look a little more girly...

Lord knows i'm not going to wear makeup everyday. i try. i just cant do it. not to mention the days i DO wear it no one sees me! except jay and he surely doesn't care.

so sunday i thought i'd do something fathers day-ish and go to that boys & their toys (?) show with jay. oh my word. let me set the scene for you...

it was NOT at all what we expected. first i thought it was inside...NO outdoors in the heat. second, we thought there would be less...how should i say...ghettoness! it was mostly low-riders, cars with hydraulics, a stage FULL of rappers, tanktops, tattoos, sideways hats, babies that looked dirty, moms slinging kids with "grocery store feet" all over the place, did i mention LOUD rappers on a stage?...i could go on.

we invited josh & the kids so claire could pack for the beach. (we'll get to the beach in a minute...) so please imagine - my preppy brother with his 4 beautiful preppy kids, jay in church clothes, me in a white linen dress, gabe in seersucker pants and argyle sweater-vest...  needless to say we DID NOT FIT IN. (to which i am extremely thankful...)

no judging the folks that enjoy that stuff. it just wasn't our cup of tea :)

i did take the opportunity to kindly ask the girls NOT to marry a man that drove any of those cars. to which allie responded..."ok except for that one mustang or ferrari!"  gotta love her.

it was fun none-the-less. kinda.  being with family is fun.

on to my next rant. i know i'm guilty. but seriously all the folks on facebook posting beach pictures are KILLING ME!!!!!!!!! i dont need to see every meal, every ice cream cone, tan line and/or cute outfit you are sporting at the beach. i am bitter in my heart. i want to be there!

maybe i'll be a little more careful "bragging" when i'm at the beach :)  ...maybe.

another thing i notice (and i'm guilty!) is how annoying it can be to read status updates about exercise! i know people aren't trying to brag. i'm certainly not when i post it. but it still gets old. and even if you arent lazy can make you feel lazy!!!  i'll try to watch my exercise posts as well.

i've already tried to stop posting stuff about my long runs each week. slap me if you see me slip up!

our pastor is on sabbatical. i miss him. my dad is preaching sunday though :)  i am pretty pumped.

can we talk about movies for a minute?  i am starting to hate them. here's why... unless it's a true story - all movies are pretty much the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   it's either super heroes doing the same thing over & over OR it's a cheesy, already been told love story. come on, somebody come up with something NEW.

i refuse to pay for "real" movies. they are stupid expensive. i MIGHT go to a matinee if i REALLY want to see something or just need to lose my mind in a story. but i am so disappointed with movies.

jay owes me about 5 girl movies in a row for the "man show" he took me to sunday!

we are one month away from gabes final adoption court date. we have to be there at 8am on july 20. yeet! i am so thrilled to be getting all of that taken care of. i like texas so i am happy to be heading back. i look forward to some good, fresh tex-mex and lots of time at the pool!

we are also hoping to grab lunch with gabes foster parents. that should be really sweet!!  still no word from his birth mom on her seeing gabe again. might be too much too soon. totally understandable.

70 days til college football. BRING IT. college football is my favorite thing. it's my favorite time of year. i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it. i am beyond excited.

i love college football. i love fall. i love my bday. i love thanksgiving and LORD knows i love christmas. what a fabulous time of year.

too bad its only june. we've still gotta push through the hot nasty GA summer.

i promise i'm not brown-nosing (he doesnt even know i blog...) but i just got the most incredible new boss! we were all sad to see nick go. but God did not disappoint with derik! he is spectacular!!!!!!!!

he's honest. he's calm. he loves the Lord & his family. he shares wonderful words of encouragement and great books :)  i'm reading one now he put on my desk. it is fantastic. he speaks truth and encourages us to take care of ourselves and our families. i appreciate his understanding that TAs is a part of our lives...not our entire life! if you dont know derik & kristin roberts (and joey) you should.

the book he let me borrow is "a long obedience in the same direction" by eugene peterson. great read if you are looking for a book.

gabe update - he rocks. he's hilarious. i adore that kid. he is the most laid back baby on the planet. he loves his jumper thing. he is so funny in it. i love to hear his little (ok fat!) feet bounce up and down. he likes to be entertained and shown new things. today we walked in the grass so he could feel it on his feet, we played with leaves & tree limbs. it was fun to see him explore. he is eating really well. still hates anything green. but he does like other veggies. he's such an incredible gift.

i do have moments when i think that he might not love me like a biological child would love his/her mom. but i guess thats silly. he doesnt know the difference. i still fear it at times. i wonder if he'll still feel that connection to me since i didnt carry him or give birth to him. will he want me when he gets hurt? will his love for me be different? i dont know. i bet i'm not the first adoptive mom to have those thoughts. just confessing...

as i'm typing all i can do is stare at the chunk of fingernail that doesnt have polish. stupid polish.

hmm, i guess thats all for now. i could go on. but i'll spare you :)






Comments

  1. Girl, that bond bw you and Gabe isnt about you carrying him. There are parents out there that carried/birth their child and have no bond with them. He will want you when he is sick or hurt bc you are his MOMMY! (Although I really think Hud would trade me for his Gigi ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kaci! This is Paula - you sort of know me from CCC, and my parents (Fran and Paul) are crazy about your parents...I'm totally coming out of the lurking status to comment here. I've loved reading your blog, especially after my mom relayed your stories about sweet Gabe.
    OK, on a completely self-centered note...I have found nail polish that I love. The Zoya brand is fabulous - it is a little pricey but no more than Essie or OPI. I think you can get it from places like Ulta but I know you can get it online too. It is called a "jelly" polish so it is a little more "thin" than regular polish, meaning you need like 2 or 3 good coats for a thick color BUT I can go almost a week without it chipping AND it doesn't have all the creepy chemicals in it like formaldihyde (how do you spell that anyway??). I guess since I use 3 coats that I am helping myself out with the low-chipping quality but I really think that it starts to grow out before I have to take it off! I love it! Good luck! :)
    Paula

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert