tuesday ramblings

i don't really have anything to blog about. that's always a dangerous place for me to start...

when i read other peoples blogs, i realize just how pointless mine is! oh well.

gabe just got his 2nd tooth. it is perfect. so darn cute! i feel like all baby teeth should come in at one time. i admit it'd be creepy but with all the pain, crying, fussing, etc. it'd just be easier on us all. especially the poor babies who don't understand what is going on!

i have never bought gabe a toy. well, maybe one or two. but most of his stuff came from other people and/or as hand-me-downs. i almost bought him something yesterday. but then i remembered that he only plays with things that aren't really toys. so i saved my money.

right now he is in love with our laptop. he gets upset that we wont let him mess with it. it makes me laugh. he's not laughing...but i am. i know who's in charge!

he LOVES power cords. i tried to trick him yesterday and make a shoestring look like it was connected to the laptop. but he saw right through my lies! he scoffed at my attempts and went for the real deal.

we need to baby proof our house. we are wayyyyyy overdue for that.

some days i still feel like i'm just babysitting or pretending to be a mom. when i look at other moms they seem to really know what they are doing. i don't! i am just keeping us all alive :)

in other news, i am so freakin excited about fall. it's everything i love! i love cool mornings. PERFECT for running. i love football, seeing the leaves change, coffee (i drink it all year...its just more fun sept - feb, ha!) i love fall decorations (except all i have is one candle. my dad laughs every year.) i love our fall family extravaganza. i love boots, scarves, long-sleeved tshirts. waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo.

running. why, why, why did i say yes to a marathon?! i've decided that i like running more when i don't "have" to do it! seriously, there is something about those long run days....ewwww. but i remember running 17 miles christmas morning last year just b/c i WANTED to and loved every minute. why am i like that??

madison and i have been pretty consistently running together for a year now. it is really fun having a friend to run with. its fun to think about all the life changes we've "run" through together! her senior year in high school, every emotion of the adoption process, moving, holidays, etc. it's such a sweet time of sharing life! i laugh that she knows more about me than anyone. seriously, you get delirious and super honest on long runs! :) we are not good at math but we figured out sunday that i am 16 years older than her. gross. that is nuts. i could be her mom...if i was a teen mom. good thing i wasn't a teen mom. my poor child would be so jacked up. i don't know what i'm doing at 33 much less 16, oh goodness.

we have added danelle to our runs a couple days a week. she is precious. what a sweet, gentle spirit she has.   we have enjoyed her fun happy little self joining us!  jasper joined us today. he is muuuuuch faster than we are. i'm sure we stressed him out. :)  but it was fun to have a guy around.

my pastor has lost about 30ish lbs since the summer. i don't think i like it. i told him that friday. i told him i had to confess i didn't like the "skinny keefee."  he said, "well maybe i dont like the skinny kaci."  fair enough.

sunday was not my best mom day. i almost dropped gabe at lunch. yes, you read that. he didn't get his morning nap out so he woke up mad at the world! we were both starving at the same time. of course, he got to eat. i half ate and took the rest in the car. he wore his pajamas to church and needed a diaper change when we left the house. FAIL. i thought my mom was keeping the nursery at church that morning so i didn't mind that he looked homeless. but she was in the 2 year old room. awesome. i.am.horrible. oh and i forgot to finish my makeup so i had to get him back out of the car and take him inside at least so i could put powder on over my foundation. forget eye shadow or lip gloss.    glad nobody watched the train wreck that i was that morning.   (i'm skipping some of the details....like gabes hand all in my bfast, me just sitting in the driveway trying to breath before we left and the fact he hadn't been bathed since friday....)  we DID, however, have our Jesus time on the way to church. does that make up for bath part? he's had LOTS since...

my friend james patton once told me i had "tales from the crypt" hands. i was somewhat offended but had to laugh. but yesterday i had my hand hanging out the window while riding around with my boys...(jay & G) and  GROSS....i do have tales from the crypt hands! i saw them in the side mirror. eww, bony, veiny hands. kinda creepy.

gabe - has HUGE hands and feet. homeboy is going to be HUUUUUUUUUUUGE. i hope he plays football for UGA. go dawgs.

confession - i eat gabe's puffs. those things are good. i don't really know why i like them but i do. sweet potato and strawberry-apple are my favs.

well i think i'll go now. this is the best time of year to hit up the TA pantry. its calling my name......




Comments

  1. Kaci you are just precious. And by the way, I am 42 and have 4 kids and I am just keeping us all alive :) You are fabulous, and I love reading your blog!

    and in my opinion, Jesus time is way better than baths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like you. you're super cute and honest. can we start a text message deal at about 6:00 a.m. Tues/Thurs saying, "Danelle get your butt outta bed and run with me!! " :) My days are better when they begin with you and Mad and a glorious run through lakebottom. i. heart. you. annnnnnd I think I'm starting to like football. what's wrong with me?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert