life lately - vacation!

AHHHHHHHHH, i am so very refreshed.

jay and i just returned from vacation. it was the most relaxing week we've had since our honeymoon. i feel bad saying that because we didn't take gabe. but let's be real...flying with all that baby stuff AND a baby is a lot. not to mention homeboy (like his mom) likes routine. so he stayed home with my mom and dad. which to him is DISNEY WORLD. trust me, he was happy, happy, happy!

i, on the other hand, cried daily. WEPT one day and finally calmed down when my new best friend and mentor prayed for me over the phone. (i just decided we were gonna be biffles. she doesn't know this.)

please know ahead of time jay and i don't fly without issues. its just who we are.

the first time we went to NYC we missed our flight going and returning. yes, both times. we were sitting in traffic in manhattan when i'm pretty sure we watched our plane fly overhead. but NO WORRIES - if two people can have fun in an airport...its us!

this trip was going smoothly. we left before our planned time (never happens.) we prayed, sang and laughed the entire way to Atlanta. i even choreographed a song for our CCC choir. i'm just waiting to be invited to lead that...

we got his baggage checked (i REFUSE to back in bag that i cant carry on. i'll wear the same thing daily if i have to) and headed to our gate.

we did get a tad nervous waiting to fly out of Atl. we were a little behind schedule and we were afraid we wouldn't catch our connecting flight. (poor people - have connecting flights.)

but thank the Lord we made it!

we landed in Albuquerque (worlds HARDEST word to spell) and went straight to baggage claim.

ohhhhhhhhhhh awesome. guess whose bag DID NOT ARRIVE. you guessed it! jays. wonderful.

to make this story even better let's back up to the day before we left....

i went to Tuesday Morning. it's one of my happy places. which is strange b/c i don't like chaos and that store is somewhat chaotic. but i love it. cant help myself.

anyway, they had a $400 suitcase on sale for $40. what?! YES PLEASE. so i bought it.

you should've seen me walking around the store on the phone with my mom, holding a basket with stuff in it and pulling a suitcase. cool.

who checks to see what it looks like inside a suitcase? especially one for $40...? not this girl.

so i bought my stuff and headed home.

i ran an errand and got back to jay announcing to me that he would NOT be using that suitcase. why? i figured b/c it was jessica simpson brand (ha.) nope, because it had leopard print inside. ahh hahahaha perfect.

well he tried to fit his things in our other carry on size bag but the DIVA couldn't fit it all in so he went back to ol jessica.

i told him not to worry that he could just say its mine.

ok so back to baggage claim, we forgot to put his name on the luggage before leaving town SOOOO we had to describe what was IN the suitcase.

i wish i could have videotaped jay saying "oh and it's has leopard print inside."  best.day.ever.

mmk so we shuttled over to enterprise. we had originally asked for a Ford Escape. decent little car to get us around. we dont care.

well, except Diva jay does kinda care :)  so we asked the guy if we could upgrade and what the price difference would be. he ran out to look and said he had a 4-runner that would only be $14 more. so we said we'd take it.

we got outside with our papers signed and the guy said "we dont have a 4-runner." long story short - we got UPGRADED to a sequoia b/c the guy inside cant tell the difference (even i know a 4-runner from a sequoia.) AND a free GPS. PRAISE THE LAWD.

we went to eat in santa fe and then drove to the town where we would spend our amazing week.

our friends who let us come out said they hoped and prayed that being in their house would feel like
"church."

let me say, it does feel that way.

just after spending some time there on tuesday morning, NO LIE, i felt freer. my heart was at ease and i was hearing things from the Lord that my heart needed desperately. isn't that awesome?! that is what i pray over our house now. i hope people feel changed, relaxed, refreshed when they leave our house.

we spent the week sleeping, playing, hiking (awful), horseback riding, going to super fun dinners (a cowboy dinner) and the MOST AMAZING sushi EVER. i ate sooooooooooo much. oh, it was amazing.

hiking - probably not going to be my next exercise of choice. i was bored.

i even ate sea urchin. it looked like tongue.

we met some new friends who i absolutely adore. they made me laugh, encouraged me, gave me hope for raising a strong christian son and made us feel totally welcome. i truly hope they will remain lifelong friends.

y'all know i hate animals but i enjoyed being around the horses out there! i loved watching my friends ride, train and work with their horses. yes, me! it was cool.

oh and i met the cutest little guy named Victor. he rode with us on our covered wagon (pulled by the biggest horses alive...) down to get ice cream. he was DELIGHTFUL. i fell in love with him. he talked to me non-stop. it was like my "gabe fix" for the day. i truly believe that was a gift from God.

when we arrived home at midnight sat/sun. we went in to peak at Gabe. he jolted and rolled over. then opened his eyes. he stood straight up and reached for jay. watching that hug melted my heart....and jays - he cried. then G reached for me. he hugged us tightly with HANDS AND LEGS. oh my heart!!! perfect ending to a perfect week.

some of my other favorite things about the week:
-feeling Gods presence every where i went
-laughing non-stop
-feeling completely loved and taken care of by our friends
-getting away from the norm and resting, truly resting
-hanging out with jay for 6 straight days. man, i love him.
-reading scripture outside, under a blanket, drinking coffee with jay
-the best mexican food ever made.
-the assurance that gabe was fine. my mom is freakin fantastic
-winning a toy horse riding competition. i only won b/c my cheering section was so loud.
-the stars. oh my
-the mountains. the scenery is like nothing i've ever seen. absolutely gorgeous.
-hearing a young teenage guy pray some fabulous prayers
-getting to spend time around a young girl that truly loves the Lord. i adore this sweet girl!
-the cute clothes folks wear out west!
-cool mornings and nights
-cowboy coffee, delicious.

things i don't miss:
-attempting to run at 8500ft. i didn't think about that when i took off tuesday morning. i was breathing like i weighed 1000 lbs. i had to run straight up to get home. ohhhhh my! i DID NOT attempt my normal tues/thurs 10 milers. hahaha. skadoosh.

it may take the rest of my life to get over the amazingness of this past week. seriously, i am not exaggerating. what a precious, precious gift it was. God is so faithful. i had no clue how junky, cluttered and fleshy i'd become. but he used this trip to sweetly call me back to Himself and cleaned me right up.

i am so thankful.

can't wait to see what else He wants to teach me through my new mentor/bestie. :)

God.is.good. amen.

Comments

  1. Did you go to Bishop's Lodge to ride horses/do the cowboy dinner? I was in Santa Fe for 5 days in May. LOVED it. And I met a super cute cowboy named Jeff who I really wanted to bring home with me, provided he loved Jesus. I think I'm gonna try and go back out there to get him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert