our first church meeting!

Wow, it has definitely been a whirlwind since I lost posted. We are still loving this Angel Fire life. I won't lie...I do get homesick often (ok sometimes daily) but I am sure we are right where we are supposed to be.

The past several weeks have been so much fun. First my brother, his wife and 5 kids arrived. Y'all. I could hardly contain myself the morning of their arrival. I told Jay I was tempted to drive towards them just so I could see them faster. We had so much fun together. We ALLLLLLLL stayed at our house which was extra fun! People, stuff, food, clothes, etc everywhere and I loved every minute of it. We had one snag in the trip when G got crazy sick. I mean temp of 104, saying things that didn't make any sense and shaking uncontrollably. The timing made me question God but I know it was His timing because Josh & Claire were here to calm me down, pray with us and keep our spirits up.

I won't go into details of all that we did but it was a good time! I was sad to see them go but knew I'd see them again in a week so I didn't cry...too hard.

A few days later the three of us headed to Albuquerque to pick up Hannah and Elle! They flew here while Luke rode Jay's motorcycle. (that is a good friend!) We, of course, had a blast with the Smiths. We missed Moses but look forward to him coming next time! (with Potch and Annie we hope!) It was surreal to have our best friends in Angel Fire! What a fun weekend.  Yes, I cried when they left.

The Saturday they were here G and I left to go get Allie and meet the Dunlaps for lunch. Again I was sooooooo excited to see them! I got to hear about their awesome week at Trail West (YL family camp) and bring Allie home with me to stay for another 10 days!

I won't lie. I cried HARD for 30 minutes after leaving the Dunlaps. It was hard to say goodbye because I'm not sure when I'll see them again. Maybe not til November. Lord help me.

Allie brought back some nasty virus with her. I tried to take care of her while waiting on my parents to arrive. I'm not good with sick people. Apparently I helped her too much because the next night I got SICK AS A DOG. Y'all. It was coming out in every direction for 12 hours at least. I slept and puked, slept and puked. AWFUL.

Finally I came back to life (kind of) on the 4th of July. So we went to the parade in Eagle Nest, lunch and had some fun that day. The rest of the time my parents were here was a blast! We went to Taos, Eagle Nest, Red River, Cimarron and of course spent time in Angel Fire. I loved loved loved having my parents and Allie for a solid week. I hated to see them leave. But I hope my parents will come back with my Aunt & Uncle in September.

Sunday was Jay's birthday. We were kinda lazy. Had lunch out and then laid around a lot. Jay was going to ride his motorcycle that evening but it rained so we just watched TV, napped and ate supper together. It was sweet, quiet and perfect.

This week we've been trying to get back into the swing of things. Jay's been talking and meeting with contractors for weeks now. We think we finally have a bid that we're comfortable with. Hopefully before the end of the month renovations will begin at the Village Church!

PS - we may try to do some work ourselves. SOOOOOOO if you have some skills, some time on your hands and want to come out and help some we'll make sure you have a place to stay and food to eat!!!!!  It's NOT HOT here :) Just text or call us if you're interested in helping. We hope to get a team together rather quickly. Jodie Creswell is another person you can contact. (thanks Jodie)

We will have our first church service this coming Friday!! We are so excited. We haven't posted on FB about it because we want our first month or so to be our core group who will help us set our mission statement, values, goals, etc. We plan to meet at 6pm and begin worship at 6:30pm with prayer to follow. Please pray for our night! We are asking the Holy Spirit to go before us and guide us. We want HIS will to be done at the Village Church. We have open hands, minds and hearts moving forward. We want desperately to reach this village for Him.

Thank YOU so much to those who have written notes and sent money. We are beyond thankful and feel blessed to have people walk alongside us. We cannot do this without support of friends and family.

Few other things you can pray for:
-Jay hopes to sell his sequoia and get something 4 wheel drive. Pray that happens!
-G will start kindergarten in a month or so. AHH, pray for him and us!
-I'm trying to find a part time job. Jobs around here don't pay much so who knows if it'll help much but I'm looking anyway. Pray for wisdom! I want to be super involved in Gs life & school so this job stuff is tricky!
-Pray for our homesick hearts.
-Pray for the people of Angel Fire to be open to what God is wanting to do here.
-Pray that we will continue to see the people of Angel Fire the way God does.
-Pray for us when cold weather hits hahahaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more