i like lists

happy thursday.

for our anniversary i thought i'd do a random blog. these are jays favorites.

44 days til college football. amen.
i'm beyond ready for cool, fall morning runs. too bad its only july 21.
i love sonic happy hour.
we keep our house extremely cool cold at night. i love it.

watching our wedding reception video last night makes me excited for heaven. seeing 300ish of my favorite people eating, dancing & having fun has to be kinda like heaven, right?

claire is going to help me stay on track with adoption stuff. i'm super thankful for that. i like paperwork but this is ridiculous.

jay likes to eat lean pockets for breakfast and i cannot seem to find them anywhere. what in the world? where'd they go?

we are celebrating my dads 71 bday on saturday. yay! he's one cool 71 year old.

i have to give blood tomorrow. one time after giving platelets i got lightheaded & they tried to make me drink grape juice. i told them i couldn't because it was too many weight watchers points. (no joke, i would've had to skip dinner for those dang caloires! just let me pass out...)

last time i got an IV i did pass out. i knew it was about to happen. that lady was digging around in my hand with that needle...i might pass out just writing about it.

my favorite snack (other than peanut butter) is a piece of bread w jelly & squirt butter. could be worse, right?

i bought jay some candy cigarettes for our anniv. along with some other random candy & 2 types of fudge. i love going to bros general store downtown...i dont, however, like the way i smell when i leave.

deorios, el vaq, subway & brothers general store have very distinct smells.

i used to cheat on my diet when i would go on TA fall retreats. once i showed up the morning we left with a chickfila ice cream cone. that's how i kicked off my weekend of feasting. i can remember throwing oreos trying to ring each others mouth with my friend andy. one time i had a donut in each hand while andy threw oreos in my mouth. it was bad. i am pretty sure i gained 8 lbs on my first retreat (as staff.)

i have 3 bookshelves FULL of books. i've probably read 10 of them.

i wish i was still close with my childhood friends. like really close! i miss them.

i despise talking on the phone (except to my mom.)

my friend, katie, made me laugh a couple weeks ago. we were sharing about how we hate talking on the phone and she said "if the president called me, i'd text him back." that cracked me up.

one of my favorite movies ever is "life is beautiful."

lame truth of the week - we went out for our anniversary last night (instead of today, the actual day) b/c i didnt want to put makeup on today. i had to yesterday for a speaking engagement (that sounds sooooo much more fancy than it was.)

one time jay ate like 8 pieces of POUND cake thinking he was eating angel food cake.

i dont like meetings much.

one of my favorite concerts ever was micheal buble. second favorite was allison krauss & union station except that the guy next to me shouted the entire time. he was obnoxious. i bet he stalks allison.

fat days are annoying.

i miss living in the same town as my best friend ashley bourke soooooooooo much.

one year my new years resolution was to have a pajama day once a month (all year.) i failed.

since i'm always confessing my addictions, etc. i'd love to hear yours! whats your favorite food? restaurant? i like knowing these things about people. not sure why.

i've always wanted to be a waitress.

i cant watch that show strange addictions. it creeps me out.

i get migraines if i use strong smelling soaps, lotions, etc. forget perfume. no can do.

i never owned a beany (sp?) baby & i'm very proud.

we wrote a song for the girls one year for christmas and sang it to them. i guess we need to add a verse in for vasa. he's awesome.

jay and i refer to tums as "medicinal sweet-tarts."

i typically dont match at the gym. i bet people think i'm color blind.

i want to go to maine.

jay has some sort of eye funk right now. poor guy.

i can only swim underwater & doggy paddle. i cant swim laps.

jeannie myers makes the most amazing strawberry cake.

i'm saving up for a super cute pair of cowboy boots. i'm pumped. i have some pretty sweet redwings but they are too big.

i dont understand why people eat at buffets.

donnie & addie newcomer our amazing. i love their cd and i love it when they lead worship. buy their cd.

i miss que pasa. did anybody other than me and the hawks love to eat there? oh my gosh, that place was so good.

i hate commercials for lawyers. especially that one with the talking dog. seriously. i wont use any lawyer that has a commercial.

i also hate the gils auto sales commercial. i have to change the channel.

thats all for today.

Comments

  1. "deorios, el vaq, subway & brothers general store have very distinct smells."

    It's called armpit. You're welcome for that. :)

    Amanda

    p.s. I really enjoy reading your blog. You're as random as I am and I love it! Happy 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s.s. We call tums "after-dinner mints."

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh...que pasa...i miss it soo much....i think of it way too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta get to Gils!

    You already know my addiction - DR. PEPPER. And we love Don Chuchos.

    I think of the directions on the tums bottle as more like a serving size suggestion. I like to eat LOTS of them! Derik just loves the sound of my chalky chewing as I'm going to bed. ha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more