i. love. fall.

so it's my most favorite time of year. here's why:
1. COLLEGE FOOTBALL
2. i love fall
3. i love the weather changing.
4. crockpot is coming out!
5. all of my favorite holidays are coming :)
6. college football
7. fall family extravaganza - cant wait to introduce vasa to smores.
8. TAs kicks off for the year!
9. great running weather
10. college football.

i really do love this time of year. i like for september - december to go slowly. i want to savor every minute of the weather, sports, holidays, family, chili, motorcycle rides with jay (new goal!) and more.

i have a confession to make. i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE christmas. yes, i am "that girl" that starts celebrating waayyyy early. in october i pull out my christmas music. the DAY after thanksgiving i decorate my house (if not before.) and i am OK with it. here's why. if thanksgiving was in march - we'd ALL start celebrating christmas before the end of november. you know we would!! we just think we have to wait b/c of thanksgiving. well friend...i do not wait. i love that time of year. i love christmas music, decorations and movies. so back off and let me celebrate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, i know i sound all giddy about the fall & the holidays (and i am.) but i have also had a super hard week. i know its the enemy. labor day weekend we had our TA fall retreat. it was amazing. i know we say that every year but God did some mighty, miraculous things on the retreat. i'm blown away with what high school students are facing these days. i couldn't be more proud of a group of kids.

but i came home exhausted. and honestly instead of fighting the enemy & his evil lies...i just laid down and let him beat me up. so i've been defeated, fleshy and struggling with old negative thoughts & sin. i hate it. i have zero shame in asking for you to pray for me. i need it!

thankfully i have a husband who loves me and prays for me. the Lord uses jay to speak to me often. jay speaks TRUTH into my life and reminds me of Gods faithfulness. i am blessed. sunday night i let it all out. i told jay all the lies i'd been believing and the fears i'd been struggling with. he talked me through every hurt. he never got frustrated or upset with me. he just listened and responded. i left that conversation filled with Gods peace.

i started freaking out about adoption stuff along with self-image stuff last week. i got down thinking we're going to have to wait forever for a baby. i got overwhelmed (again) by the amount of paperwork and stuff to do. but again God gave me peace. i love knowing that: HE is the giver of life, His timing is perfect and HE has the perfect baby for us.

i learned my lesson while waiting to be married! i wanted a husband long before God gave me one :) but HE put jay in my life at the RIGHT time. i am thankful i didnt settle for less than what God desired for me. i don't want to "settle" when it comes to my child either. i wouldn't taken the first baby we were offered! but i am learning (again) to trust Gods perfect timing. so even if it's a year before we have a baby in our home...i'm ok! jay and i have decided to ENJOY every minute of "just us" we have and wait excitedly for what God has for us.

i hope this makes sense. my thoughts are going in a million directions...mainly on lunch. whew, i'm hungry!

thanks for loving me and caring enough to read my blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert