love life

one of my favorite things about my job in TAs is that when we finish our required hours for the month we can take "vacation" time for the days left.

this week has been pretty free for me. the retreat & retreat prep kept me working non-stop the first week. so i've enjoyed some time off.

i have really, really enjoyed volunteering at the "be the match" campaign for Ben Koon (and the bone marrow registry.) i figured out this week that if i didn't have to work...i'd volunteer all the time. what a blessing!

i got to meet some hilarious, precious, loving volunteers and donors. i laughed A LOT. i got to see friends i hadn't seen in years. not to mention an ex-boyfriend that didn't recognize me (and i HID my name tag!!!)

i've never met Ben Koon. but i pray that someone will be a match for him. i've also spent my week praying for him during my morning run. especially when i wanted to quit or complain about the run...i'd think to myself "ben wishes he was out here doing this..."

one precious little girl came with her mom to the drive on tuesday. it was obvious that she was sick. not sure what type of cancer but she looked weak. it broke my heart.

it also reminded me of the other reason i volunteered this week. my dad had a little girl (from his first marriage) die of leukemia. i would've given anything to save her life. helping someone else's odds of beating cancer makes me feel like i'm honoring her life.

in lighter news...

an old man stopped me at the park this morning and said "i'm not trying to get fresh with you. but i'd like to know your name so i can greet you by name each morning."  get fresh, awesome.

honey crisp apples = HEAVEN.

i made myself scrub down my house today. ahhh how i LOVE a clean house.

i need to blog about our latest adoption "kicks" and info. i'll do that soon. for now, just know that God's peace/grace/love are truly ENOUGH.

i absolutely love having a pixie cut.

i'm beyond ready for fall weather. running in a long-sleeved tshirt & shorts...bring it.

i miss jay's parents. i want to go visit them right now!

my parents & their best friends drove to rome georgia last weekend simply b/c they wanted to eat guacamole from this one mexican place. what a great life.

i got to have lunch with josh, claire, vasa, ava and addison last saturday. (allie was at a party.) vasa was telling me all the colors he'd learned, playing with his train and eating captain wafers as fast as he could. he would shove those mugs in his mouth sideways. i really love my family.

i have found my DREAM HOUSE in columbus. i run by it most days just for the "ahhh" moment it brings me. i dont know who lives there but i wish i did. i'd ask them for a tour of the inside.

college football makes life grand.

i like seeing keefee drop andrew off at chs most days. it makes me smile :)

when i get old i want to be like paula deen. i want to eat a lot, cook a lot, laugh a lot and be chubby. how fun.

my friend dorothy is trying to convince me to join her & some other hardcore runners on their 16 mile (at least) run every saturday morning. GROSS. sounds terrible. after 10 i'm OUT.

i love peanut butter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more