Just another week in the life of Kaci…


Like I mentioned in my blog earlier this week, I’ve been struggling the past couple weeks. The devil has been after me something fierce. Sometimes I’ve managed to change my thoughts and fight him off…other times haven’t been so easy. But I have been clinging to my Heavenly Father! I have been quoting Scripture, saying His name out loud & doing all I can to stay focused on things that matter.

I’m super thankful that I have a relationship with Christ.

I’m also beyond thankful for a husband that prays for me. I love it. He has held me & prayed for me all week. Great guy!

I thought I’d write about some of the funny/random/typical things that have happened this week.
There’s no order to my madness…I just write.

My precious dad bought us a dryer. It’s not “new” but it WORKS. I just dried a load of clothes in ONE cycle with zero humidity. Wow. Thanks Norm.

I went to hang out with my parents yesterday. I go over there when I have an extra hour or so in my day. They always make tea for me and I drink it til I’m about to bust. I also eat hummus and/or fruit every time I visit. Yum. I walk straight in and hit the fridge. It’s ridiculous.  My mom wasn’t home yesterday so I just got to hang with my dad. He was watching courtTV for my mom. That made me laugh. Except for the 15 minutes he fell asleep sitting straight up in his recliner. Gotta love him.

I’m still madly in love with Vasa.

Jay borrowed a stand up bass from a friend. It has been my entertainment all week. Jay plays it constantly. He comes home and instead of going straight for a snack he goes straight to the bass. It cracks me up. Last night he came in and brought it into the living room. I knew he was coming with it b/c he hit every wall on his way in. then he stood in front of the tv (interrupting my law & order rerun!)  and asked what I wanted to hear. He played several Johnny cash songs and that old song that says something like “16 tons & what do you get, another day older & deeper in debt.” No joke – my dad used to sing that all the time when I was a kid. I thought he made it up. Hahaha

Thursday morning jay was playing bass before he left for work. So I went in and listened. We made up our own song. 
We died laughing making up stupid verses. We took turns and made fun of each other. I’m glad we don’t have cameras in our house…

Before I tell you this next foolishness, I’d like to say that I tried to tell my parents & jay that this was going to happen…

I came home from work Wednesday around 4 to meet the dryer delivery guys. I was ready to get inside and kick my feet up after a busy day. I opened the door and what did I see??  OUR CEILING FAN ON THE FLOOR!! Yes, it FELL OUT of the ceiling!!!!!!!!

Broken light bulbs and dust on my floor. 

I knew it was coming! I’ve been watching that stupid thing inch down from the ceiling. But no one believed me. jay put a picture on facebook if you wanna see!

I didn’t even help jay clean it up. We laughed at it, took pictures, left it and went to eat! Then we came home and he cleaned up the entire mess.

The gym I’ve gone to for 6 or 7 years now closed yesterday. So sad. Now I have to go to max fitness (aka golds max) with no option of going to elite. Boooo.

I loved Golds elite. Here’s why. The people!! Members there actually care about being FIT not just looking “hot.” I’m not trying to judge other gyms & their members…I’m just saying. The women at Golds elite seem to care about getting a good workout…they don’t wear the latest & greatest workout attire. Heck, most of us don’t match. We could show up in our husbands old t-shirt. Who cares!

Some folks at Golds max are that way too. So I’m not being ugly. But I am completely offended by the MARRIED women there that flirt with unmarried men. What?????? It is gross.

There’s a little “love triangle” that I can’t get over in my group fitness classes. One day I’m going to say something. I have to hold my tongue every week. Lord forgive me for the things I think!

I’ll miss Elite. I’ll miss the old guys that workout in there…except that grumpy one that spits.

Last randomness…I have 3 (maybe 4!) growth groups this year. GG’s are small accountability groups/Bible studies within TAs. anyway, these precious girls have my heart!!! They have encouraged me so much this week. I love to listen to them give each other advice, pray for each other and talk about Gods Word.

They encourage me to keep growing in my faith. I love & appreciate their love of Christ and desire to be more like Him. I love getting to know intimate details of their lives and be able to help guide them. What a tremendous blessing.

I cannot WAIT to meet Cole Trane Lesley and (eventually) Lily Kate Lesley. Jay & I, thanks to JONATHAN PAYNE, finally completed our profile book this week. So we will get moving again with adoption. I know being a mom will be challenging but I cannot wait. Pray for us!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more