joshua adam (for tori)

my sweet niece victoria gave me some blog ideas. she mentioned stories about my brother and/or listing our likes & differences. sounds fun. here goes...

i'll list first. it's easy.

he is very well-dressed. always looks super nice & put together. me = not so much! seriously, he shops at nice stores. i only shop sale racks at cheap stores.

he even looks good when he's "bumming" it. yeah, its that ridiculous. i call him for advice on shoes, outfits, what goes with what, etc. its awesome.

he doesn't even have to try to look nice. he has a slim figure (without ANY effort) so things just fit him well. not fair.

he will give give give anything! he is willing to give anything he has for someone else. i am too...i just dont have anything to give, ha! he gives his time, energy and resources to help folks in his life. i love that about him. claire is the same way. they amaze me.

he can have candy sitting around him and not eat it. i don't understand. same with sweets...he just doesn't desire it. umm?

ok but we are alike in the fact that if we DO eat something sweet we HAVE to take a bite of something salty or savory after it. it's a must.

growing up, every night after dinner he would try to ring the garbage with his napkin. without fail, every night.

he can make me laugh like NO OTHER human being.

he loves the Lord.

he wears huge glasses. they rock.

he calls my parents every evening on his way home from work.  he is faithful to family and friends.

he does LOVE to talk :)

he lets me send him emails where i just vent about life. claire does too. they are two of the kindest people.

claire is INSANELY patient. josh & i...not so much.

he sings really, really well.

he is a great cook. he makes some fabulous guacamole and can grill the most amazing meat.

he has a heart of gold. always has. he wasn't ever ugly to me growing up. he just has a good heart.

he did put me in the van (i think) when i was little, put it in reverse, hit a tree and then go inside leaving me in it...

he did hit me in the head with a rock once. i had to get stitches.

he & i used to take dads car for a ride when he was 12 and i was 10.  we'd jump in the windows like bo  & luke duke and drive around the neighborhood. yeahhh.

he always let me join in and play with his friends. isn't that sweet? we played war, rode bikes, and all kinds of other foolishness.  oh gosh, we used to stand in the yard and wait for cars to drive by and then we'd yell "hit the beat now!" and jump & hide in a ditch. why? i don't know but it was hours of fun.

we had a pool growing up. josh was always good at jumps/dives. he was good at playing categories and shark. i was horrible at all of it.

mom was/is super fun to swim with! she'd let us "ski" on her legs and "surf" on her back. dad...not so much! he'd sit on the side and pick us up with his legs. that was the extent of his pool play.

he's good at basketball. i am the worlds worst bball player. i thought jay might divorce me on our honeymoon i'm so bad.

we had to clean the skimmer. always hated that pool job. sticking my arm in that scary, dark whole not knowing what i was going to pull up.......terror!

we had to clean our bedrooms (vacuum, dust, change sheets, etc.) and bathrooms every week growing up. one time josh tricked me. he convinced me to trade bedrooms with him. he made me think i was getting the better end of the deal. he lied. so he had to do my cleaning for a month.

that's probably the only thing he ever did wrong as a kid.

he used to write me notes all the time. i still have a lot of them. sooooo sweet.

oh, but he also used to run in my bedroom at night and pretend like he was saying goodnight & being all sweet.  but then he'd rip a horrendous fart and run.

oh, this has nothing to do with josh. but i had to do dishes growing up. and i used to forget to close the dishwasher door. my dad would run into that mug every night! he'd yell for me. ha. oops.

i also rubber banded the water squirter in the kitchen so that it sprayed my mom when she turned on the sink. :)  made me laugh every.dang.time.

another BIG difference between josh & i is are "genes." yeah...

he got my moms slender build & high metabolism. i got my dads more plump build & zero metabolism. i have to work at being slender. josh gets its for free. punk.

we look just alike now that i have a pixie cut. that's kinda fun. ha!

he knows things i'll never know. money stuff, car seat stuff, prices/costs of things. he knows people who know people. i have none of that! my "people" are high school kids :)  i love 'em but they aren't much for grownup "networking" ha!

reasons i love my brother:
he's kind, compassionate, GENEROUS
he's HILARIOUS
he's smart
fun
confident but not cocky. he depends on the Lord.

he married UP! claire is absolutely amazing. if you don't know her, you should. and her family...every bit as amazing/beautiful/kind/wise/fun/generous as she is.

he cares about people. genuinely.

he was always fun on family trips. we definitely fought over our space in the backseat. but he was always fun to explore locations with! we played in hotel elevators like we were at disney world. one time we set an alarm off going on the hotel roof. oops. we thought it was a golf course b/c it had green AstroTurf looking stuff. my mom was mortified.

he loves his kids and he makes them laugh.

he loves his wife.

it's fun to watch him be the pack mule for his family :)

he & claire throw fun kid birthday parties!

he had cute friends growing up. i always felt cool b/c my brother had friends that girls thought were "hot." they thought josh was too. that just grossed me out.

he cares enough to talk to me about tough things. so does claire.

i love knowing that we have each other. always. even though i don't know how we'll ever afford to adopt again...having josh in my life convinces me that gabe has to have a sibling. josh is a safety net for me. someone that will be there to help when my parents get old. someone who i can go to with anything and not feel judged. i love him so much.  i don't tell him that enough. but he is & has always been one of my best friends. i admire, love & appreciate him.

Comments

  1. Kaci-
    I loved reading about you and Josh! My big brother is one of my favorite people in the whole world too! He also got the slim genes-not fair! But I also never wanted to have an only child because I wanted my kids to have a sibling like him! No guarantees that my kids will ever be close like Scott and I, but my prayers is that someday they will. We are both blessed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more