ninjas dont cry

few things to start...

i put gabe on the preschool waiting list at st. luke today. i keep telling people that i feel like i'm back in middle school hoping to not be rejected or picked last in PE class. no joke. i'm nervous.

i got no credit for gabe having 4 cousins in the school. dang. in fact i didn't get to check any of the "bump you to the top of the list" boxes. we're probably screwed.

christ community - where's our preschool? i might be able to get my child in :)

second, i asked a lady that i have loved and admired all my life to start mentoring me. this girl needs it. i feel like i'm stuck in a rut spiritually. hope she says yes. oh LAWD i'm just lining myself up for rejection.

mmk. let me tell you about my saturday. i hope i'm not the only one who has dumb days like this!

it all started with an early morning run with madison. apparently neither one of us thought checking the forecast was important because we were completely under dressed. OH MY WORD. it was ungodly cold. my hands hurt...badly. i couldn't move them when we finished. awful. i considered wearing my gloves but decided against it. smart, smart girl we've got here.

my next poor choice was signing up for UA ha! i don't always do it on saturdays but i signed up so i went from running to the 8am class.

i told madison that my hands were so cold i may not be able to crank my car. it was tough but i managed. seriously my hands did not work. i turned on my heated seats and the heat on like 90 degrees. the whole time i was driving i was nervous i was going to wreck b/c my fingers wouldn't bend.

finally made it downtown. went in and sweet dennis let me wear his gloves. otherwise i wouldn't have been able to pick up a weight.

after some funny conversations (i'll keep that to myself...except for madison!) we started our workout.

now, i have never been good at hang cleans. i dont know why. i think about it too much. thats part of my problem. i make a simple exercise too complicated.

mmk, so once i saw hang cleans on the board i knew i was in trouble. i moved closer to the board before getting started b/c i couldn't see it. i must've annoyed alan (allen?!) with my move b/c he asked what i was doing. then he told me to get between him & patricia and follow him. so i did. knowing...i was about to be even more embarrassed when it got to hang cleans.

yes, yes. i made a fool of myself. i couldn't get it. alan was trying to help. he told me i was giving up too fast. i could get it up to my shoulders i just couldn't seem to get my dang arms to flip under the bar. seriously, this went on for waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too long. finally dennis caught on that i was struggling (along with the entire class.)

sweet alan was happy to get rid of me. and patient dennis came and worked with me.

i won't lie. i was so embarrassed and ashamed that i couldn't get this move that i almost cried. yes, i am confessing i almost cried. BUT UA makes ninjas. so (no joke) i told myself "ninjas don't cry!" and i bucked up.

we finally realized my bar was too heavy. (i KNEW it!) i got the hang of it. i announced to the room that i expected cheers when i got it. they obliged :)

finally i got all that going and moved on with the workout. then at the end dennis asked if i needed his gloves and/or a jacket to run home in. (madison and i run to UA sometimes on saturdays.) but not this week b/c we ran early. then the whole room started asking if i needed a ride home. it was comical.

and embarrassing b/c the 9am class was starting to gather so i probably sounded pitiful and/or broke as a joke needing clothes and a ride home. (k, maybe i am those things...)

what else stupid has happened to me lately...

oh i burned my wrist getting a pizza out of the oven. it looks awful. the skin started peeling off today. thats nasty. jay and i laughed that our parents both had aloe plants growing up. i wouldn't even know where to find one... how do parents do it?! my parents can also be sitting on the couch at 4pm and decide what they want for supper...then go to the kitchen and make it. all the ingredients are already in the house!?! i don't even understand. if we decide on something i'm at least missing one ingredient if not all of them.

i had an intense "runners moment" and thought i miiiiiiight have to use my sock....if you know what i'm saying. keep the dang toilet paper stocked columbus parks & rec! i've considered hiding toilet paper somewhere for such occasions...

gabe stuck is foot in my friends collards at lunch the other day. keeping it classy.

jay changed the channel to cats 101 or something the other day. why in the world would there be a channel dedicated to CATS?!!!!! they were showing hairless cats. i'm not sure there is a creepier thing in this world. absolutely disgusting.

i've let the devil get me down here lately with comparing myself to others. i am horrible about this. i get sidetracked and the next thing i know i am beating myself up about being a bad mom, worthless employee, lame wife and whatever else i can think of. its terrible.

i've asked jay to help me remember to put my night time devotional on my pillow every day so that i have to physically move Jesus out of my way to watch murders before bed. hopefully filling my mind with things of Him will help me defeat the enemy.

happier things...

i found an old johnny cash greatest hits cd. i am loving it. so is gabe.

the groundhog said springs coming, right?

we didn't get robbed this weekend.

oh gosh, madison and i have been laughing for a solid week. in warm-up at UA last week "landslide" came on the radio. and a guy in the ranger class yelled "yeah getting pumped!" it was hilarious. nobody seems to laugh at that as hard as we have. but it's kept us laughing all week.

my brother-in-law and nephew were in an awful motorcycle accident a week ago but they are finally doing well. after stitches, surgery and broken ribs, etc. thank the Lord they are healing and alive.

life is short. eat peanut butter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert