oh, ok..

so tuesday morning started pretty normal. went to work, got a lot done before lunch and was feeling pretty good. went to lunch by myself. sometimes i like to do that. but i go places where i know they know i have friends/family, ha. is that weird?! so i grabbed my kindle and went to lunch. it was relaxing and perfect.

seriously, i got in my car after lunch and thought, "wow, i am freezing, chills that just won't stop!" got back to work and by the time i got to my desk i thought i was going to vomit. super nauseous. it was awful. so i shut my laptop and headed home.

i thought if i took a hot shower and rested a bit that i'd feel better. nope, not so much. it was 2:30pm when i laid down and i was down til friday morning!

awful.

tuesday was the worst. everything hurt. everything. i couldn't even get comfortable in bed. the only way i could lay and not want to die was on my stomach. so thats pretty much how i stayed. i was beyond nauseous, achy, awful chills...just ugh. it was hell.

i called jay at 4:30 to tell him i was sick so he could come home early and let mom go. hearing mom and gabe play made me sad! they were so cute and i wanted to be out there with them!!

when jay came home he brought me some sprite (i despise sprite.) he came in and put his phone on the bed. no lie - his phone hitting the bed HURT. that's how bad everything hurt :(

i prayed, begged the Lord to let me throw up. all i could think was "just get this funk out of my body!" FINALLY at 11:30pm - it happened! VIOLENT vomit. it was insane. i only threw up that one time but like 7 times at once. it was nuts. sweet jay gave me a cold rag and stayed with me. i would've been throwing up with him if i'd been watching him...this girl is not a nurse.

after that i stayed nauseous for 2 days but never threw up again. i slept A LOT.

its funny how we always think we want a day to lay around and watch tv/movies but when you're sick you can't even enjoy laying around. i wanted to DIE. and i felt like everyone else in the world was just going on with their lives while i was hating life.

thankfully it left as quickly as it came on and i woke up fine friday morning! waaahooo! i am still having to take it easy with food but i'm enjoying eating again for sure :)

funny/sad things about being sick:
i guess everyone forgot about me wednesday (except madison!) b/c i laid on the couch and cried b/c i wanted chicken noodle soup for lunch but no one called to check on me :(  yep, felt unloved!

jay couldn't help it. he had an ash wednesday service to work. he didn't even know it, haha. i didn't either. i thought we were free methodist?! anyway, he did text me about lunch. he was going to chef lee's. oh.gosh. i almost threw up just reading that text...

oh but anytime someone says chef lee's jay and i feel the need to say "ehhh rooee" (egg roll) for hours.

i tried to go to the grocery store wednesday afternoon for some soup. i forgot it was old people day at publix. i was cussing everyone out in my heart. dear LORD. sick + hungry + tired + cold + weak kaci = not in the mood for old, slow people.

seriously, they were everywhere and had like 3 things in their cart. really?! you came for 3 things?! stay home.

sorry, i know i'm awful.

i will say that being sick makes me super thankful for days when i feel normal! i do not want to take my health for granted. so i am very thankful for God reminding me of that. which helps me also be more diligent to pray for friends that are sick. i HATE cancer.

oh funny things from yesterday:
vasa couldn't get over the fact that i was driving a car and not the jeep. stressed him out! he asked me like 4 times why i was driving a car. then he wanted to know why i was at my parents house. cracked me up. i love him so much.

allie made me laugh too. ava was interviewing my dad (poppy) for a school project. when allie heard ava's choice she asked, "why would you choose poppy? his life is boring!" ahhhhhh, hahahaha. it made my dad laugh.

i always feel like i'm not cute enough or "cool/hip" enough to shop at cutesy boutiques in town. but gabe and i went to lizard thicket yesterday. (they are always sweet! i dont feel as lame in there...) dumb things always happen to me in places like that...

other than gabe crawling around the dressing room...where there aren't doors just curtains!! LORD i thought he was going to peek in on some poor girl or open the curtain with my half nude self standing there...

my favorite necklace from my sister-in-law broke and turquoise beads flew EVERYWHERE. so there i am barely dressed, chasing gabe and now chasing 100 beads across the floor. awesome.

i am such a nerd.

in happier news...
God is doing cool things in my heart and mind. i feel like he is helping me become less selfish/fleshy. i feel like i'm hearing from Him in knew ways and i love it.

i will share more on this as i learn more...but thanks to dee dee stephens and rick warren - i am learning that i was created to be LOVED by God. ahhhhhhhhhhh. doesn't that take 100 lbs off your shoulders?! he loves me. even when i am filthy, gross, fleshy, and annoying.

i can't get over that. i was created to be loved.

so were you.

hear that, know it, rest in it! it'll take the rest of your life to get over that amazing truth...


Comments

  1. i wish i would've brought you chicken noodle soup last wednesday. Sorry you were out for all those days. I'm glad the Lord used that time to draw you closer to Himself. And so glad that He is working on your heart as well. It's a sweet path to be on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert