saturday ramblings

G is down for a nap. so i thought i'd blog. i have nothing to say. never good.

i am still thanking God for a healthy household. that week of sickness was awful. it is super fun to have G back. he is talkative, playful, funny and happy. YAY!

he is all boy and i love it. if he's covered in dirt he is in heaven. he also likes to spit. that makes me laugh. dancing is another one of his favorite things. super fun! we dance in the house, car, in restaurants...wherever! i hope he always has fun like that.

i must confess i kinda wanted to leave him at walmart yesterday. oh.my.crazy.child.

he didnt want to sit in the cart or stand in the buggy part. awesome. he had to be held. so i had to push a super heavy cart with one arm while holding a heavy baby. we were dangerous. he thinks he's helping push the cart. really he's just making everything even harder by leaning forward...

he wouldnt even sit so i could unload to pay or reload to leave. awesome. not to mention the people in front of me were paying with some sort of food stamp and wanting to buy alcohol. just move people...

after we finally got out to the car (without 1/2 of my list b/c i couldn't do it anymore) i dropped my cell phone on the concrete. perfect.

we didn't talk to each other on the way home. hahaha.

i think i am going through menopause. ok, not really. i'm only 34. but i am half the size of jay and i sweat during the night without the ceiling fan on. jay has to have an extra blanket on his size b/c he freezes. what?! what is wrong with me?

maybe it's because i spend most of my time with teenagers, but grownups make me nervous. i am NOT good at carrying on "adult" conversations...

that being said, if you know me you know i always say that i'd rather "eat shards of glass" than go on a womens retreat.   (it is my problem...nothing against women!)

so you know what's surprising?!!?? I am helping start a women's Bible Study at Christ Community. ME?! i can hardly believe it myself.

but i have LOVED/ADMIRED Joann Hill all of my life. so when she started attending CCC i knew i wanted her to teach me (at least!) a bible study. sooooo i got the nerve to ask her to lead one and she said YES! yayyyyyyyy. we're looking to start april 14. i am pumped.

why does jay jerk when he sleeps? its dangerous. his arms, hands, legs fly everywhere!!! i know i do it sometimes but he always does. so weird.

its one reason i'm not a snuggler. i may come away with bruises.

jay is obviously one of my favorite people unless....
- he's eating cereal
- eating anything hot (temperature hot) he makes a strange inhaling noise before putting it in his mouth
- i trip over his shoes walking around the house
- he farts on me while he sleeps
- he's drinking coffee. or should i say "chewing" coffee. yes, he chews it. ????
- dragging me through "man stores" such as tractor supply co, lowes, motorcyle places, etc.
- he's chewing gum. oh my.
- he's pooping. why on earth does it take 45 minutes??????????????????


he's my favorite because....
- he is the most patient man i know
- he has the best laugh & smile
- he LOVES and serves the Lord whole-heartedly
- he leads me and G straight to Christ daily! he prays for/with us and reads scripture to us. i love it.
- he is a talented musician but doesn't even seem to notice
- he is an attentive father/husband. very hands on!!!
- he is bigger than me. i couldn't be married to a little guy.
- he makes me laugh A LOT
- he's faithful, gentle, loving, honest and generous.
- he looks tough ha! i mean he IS TOUGH but not as mean as he looks. i like that he looks like he could hurt someone badly...
   - ps he CAN! the sunday before we got married some random guy on the side of the road threw a
     rock at our windshield and the car in front of us. what?! random. Jay pulled over and put the guy in  
     a headlock on the side of the road until the police came. i was freaking out! it was hilarious and
     scary.

speaking of getting married... our honeymoon was hilarious. here's why...
ALL i wanted to do was eat, lay out and well, have sex.

jay too except for the laying out part. so he played volleyball, basketball, etc. with other couples. not me. i only moved to get food and cool off in the pool.

one time he volunteered me to play in a game of basketball (in the dang pool) with another couple. what a horrible idea. i suck at bball on land. now you want me to play in the water?!  he almost divorced me during the game. all i wanted to do was shoot the ball. i forgot i was supposed to guard the girl...or whatever you call it. i just stood there and waved at jay. he hated me in his heart.

he got injured playing water volleyball. he totally had a gash in the side of his back. nerd. we laughed a lot at that.

he also got some kinda ear infection. so we spent one evening in the resort clinic. really jay, really.

no injuries if you just lay on a chair and let people bring you food and drinks!!  all you can handle folks...guacamole, ice cream, cheeseburgers, fries, grilled chicken, etc. not to mention the restaurants that you could hit as often as you like. we ate A LOT of mexican, some chinese, italian and A TON of breakfast. YUUUUUUUUMMMMMMM. i was NOT on a diet that week.

oh we also ordered bfast in our room one morning. ooopsy, we didn't realize we requested 2 of everything we checked on the list. the poor guy brought in like 3 carts of food. hahahahaha.

ohhhhh how i'd love to go back to that place.

i also love jay b/c:
he always tells me he loves me when he's leaving and hanging up the phone
he isn't one of those men that won't say sweet things or list reasons he loves me, just because.
he saves me bites of his food. (this girl doesnt share...)
he eats a girly places with me
he faithfully takes out the trash
he's learning to make the bed and it not look like a coffin.
he takes gabe to the park often and hits up the ice cream man :)

i guess this is enough rambling for one day. why does anyone read this mess?!

Comments

  1. The eating cereal thing. Oh My Word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...because you're so funny and delightful! That's why we read! I honest to God laughed out loud at the honeymoon hilariousness. Ha! Oh and there is a person in my life (not my husband) that chews EVERYTHING so loud with her mouth open. One of these days I'm going to word vomit and it ain't gunna be Christian-like... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert