stream of consciousness for jay

training for this marathon is a huge challenge AND makes me less "girly" ha... why you ask?? well,

i am in a wedding this weekend and i'm about to lose 2 toenails on my right foot. awesome. that is going to be lovely.

runners trots. enough said.

calloused feet. but whats really random is only my right foot is gross. the left is normal. weird.

things happen to your body when you run long distances that are just strange and gross. burping like a man. why? yuck. the good news is i have a running buddy that experiences the same trials/issues to at least i'm not alone. reading blogs about running make me feel better too.

i have wayyyyy too many pairs of running shoes. i have more running clothes than "real" clothes i think. i hardly ever match when i run. i'm wayyyyyy too cheap to pay for nice running stuff. i have shorts from old navy that dont even have their new logo on it. some are entirely too big but whatever.

just wait til i start wearing my compression socks on my runs. that's gonna be so attractive.

my friend anna and i decided yesterday that we wish we could lay in bed and watch the food network all the time. (except to get up & get food...which inevitably happens when you watch the food network.)

seriously, i cannot watch diners, drive-ins & dives. it makes me want to hit up waffle house or dennys. last night i called jay from the bed and told him i wanted a big stack of pancakes...thanks to guy from d3.

speaking of pancakes, jay has waffles or french toast most mornings. and i LOVE to get a bite. so after watching d3 last night i couldnt wait to get some of jays breakfast this morning. i got up to meet my running buddy and i honestly smelled everyone's breakfast in the lake bottom area. waffles, biscuits, donuts...i could smell it all. so i busted in the door from my 10miler and DANG jay was in the shower and i could smell that he'd already eaten waffles. heart broken. no bite for me.

2 things you may be wondering...why dont you just make your own waffles? well, b/c i LOVE my toast every morning. dont try to take that away!!! and how can i smell what folks are making for breakfast? b/c i have what jay has diagnosed as "hyper-rhinosus." i can smell things miles away!! jay laughs that he can have fries for lunch and i can smell them at dinner. i really do have a keen sense of smell.

more random things:
i despise talking on the phone.
i hate shaving my legs in the shower. it takes forever.
i hate changing lightbulbs. it's such an easy task but i hate it.
my dad doesnt drink coffee or like peanut butter. i sometimes wonder if he's really my dad! ha.

at jays family christmas this year, we are all wearing pajamas. i love it. (unless his sister gives birth that day, which she's supposed to! then we'll probably get dressed...maybe.)

our next door neighbor is super random. yesterday she came over and asked if we had a scale so she could weigh herself. thats all she did. weigh herself, chat a minute and leave. mmmk.

i used to weigh myself daily. now i never do. praise the LORD.

i almost always have gum in my mouth.

i am already excited about christmas. gabe doesnt watch tv yet though so i dont know how i'm gonna get all my christmas movies in! gotta watch 'em. here are some of my favs: ELF, ELF, ELF, polar express, christmas vacation...  i make a list on my calendar every week starting in nov so jay & i have a movie to watch each week. i.love.christmas.

jay doesnt like oatmeal. i dont understand.

i can't stand to have unread emails in my inbox.

i dont like overhead lights. i am a lamp girl.

gabe thinks its funny if i talk in a deep voice. he's awesome.

gabe stares at my dad when they are together. i think dads white hair (which i LOVE) interests gabe.

jay and i are trying to teach gabe to call us madre & padre. come on, you know thats funny.

i think the most random thing in my office is a pepper shaker. i love pepper.
or a picture of aaron wall dressed as "where's waldo" thats pretty random...

our condo STILL hasnt sold.

i think my right ankle is a tiny bit swollen. thats gonna look hot in the wedding saturday too.

i wonder sometimes what people think about my haircut. i wonder if they think i'm crazy or in the army. ha!

i love love love having a pixie cut. easy peasy fo sheezy.

i dont really know how to make tea. thats sad.

i also have to call my parents anytime i try to cook something new.

i cant write in cursive.

gabe is going to have a buy a brush the first time he realizes his hair needs brushing. we dont own one.

i think my next blog will be all the reasons i love uncommon athlete. you should try it.

yeet.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert