sex is for married people

twice last week i was reminded about how many kids/teens are having sex. the thought of it terrifies me. for lots of reasons...but one (big one) is gabe.

i dont want him to grow up surrounded by all this mess. drugs, sex, just doing whatever is "cool" and accepted. forget that mess. i want him to stand up for himself and live a life of integrity. making wise choices. choices that honor us and mostly God.

here's what i grew up thinking/knowing/believing...   sex is for married people.

make fun of me if you want. i dont care. not one bit. i waited until i was married and don't regret it. YEP, 27 years i waited. go ahead, mock me. see if i care!

of course i havent taken any time to think through this before blogging. but here i go (on my rant...)

top 10 reasons to wait til marriage:
10. God said to. that could be #1-10.

9. once you have it, it's easier to keep having it. then you quickly become "that girl/guy." i could use more descriptive terms here...

8. it is a super super intimate thing to share with someONE. i'm thankful i knew jay was with me FOR LIFE when i stripped off my clothes...oh LAWD.

7. God said to wait.

6. it is NOT like the movies. it's not necessarily a "pretty" thing. haha. i could go on with details here...

5. let's be real. penises aren't pretty.

4. when you're married you don't have to fear diseases, pregnancy (unless you've got 10 kids already), you don't have to worry (or shouldn't have to worry) about your partner leaving you or cheating on you.

3. God meant it when He said "two become one." sex is a bonding experience. i'd rather not be bonded/connected to folks all over town.

2. sex carries with it tons of emotions. don't bring all that into your life. when you do it Gods way those emotions are precious and special.

1. God said to.

now, PLEASE know i am not judging anyone who has had sex before marriage. i am not saying i'm perfect. i sin just like everyone.

i am just beyond grateful that the Lord grabbed my heart early and convinced me to wait.

He created sex so He's obviously a fan of it. but only when it's OK to let those emotions fly! Ok to let that connection happen!

sex is a HUGE commitment. it is not something to be taken lightly.

still aren't convinced?!  Here are some quotes from teens who have learned the hard way:

I really need to be delivered from a sexual attachment with my ex. I thought we were so in love but we recently broke up. I have been having suicidal thoughts.

Sexual activity is causing the most stress for me. I don’t know how to say no.

I feel ashamed and unwanted from losing my virginity.

I am no longer a virgin and I have a shattered heart. I just want to know that God loves me no matter what I’ve done.

I lost my virginity because of peer pressure.

I recently lost my virginity to my boyfriend who’s in the army, he’s 19 but got deployed and I’m just very confused about how to deal with that connection with so much distance.

I lost my virginity in the 6th grade. I was only 11 years old when a boy I thought liked me took away the most precious thing I carried in my life. He took complete advantage of me, I was always insecure and he made me do something I never wanted to do. I wish I was still pure…


Sex is for married people. These hurts can be avoided by waiting! Sure, you'll get made fun of. I did. but i can handle being picked on. 

relax. when you decide ahead of time to WAIT. the pressures of this world are easier to withstand. once that decision is made then you can move on. focus on fun friendships, pure dating relationships, etc.

i'm NOT saying you can't kiss folks. i'm not even saying you have to wear a promise ring or anything of that nature. i am not an icthus fish on my car, cross wearing, Bible pusher... I just love Jesus and desire to be more like Him. 

i do think you can kiss, hold hands, etc. just be smart. don't put yourself in a position that makes things easier...i can give examples if you are confused by this statement... :)

imma hush.

just don't have sex til you're married. 

it's not like the movies. you won't be looking all pretty when its over. there's not always fireworks and michael buble singing in the background.  it can be messy. it will be bonding! and it's supposed to be. 

so only bond once. life is easier that way. 

God is smart. obey Him. 


Comments

  1. I really wish the reason of "God says so" was good enough for Christians. It would solve a whole lot of problems, wouldn't it? Thanks for being brave and taking a stand that is no longer society's norm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaci - I am just getting around to reading this and am dying! You are too much, but your honesty is just what so many teenagers need to hear. God has truly placed you where He knew you would serve best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert