eye twitch

when i get overwhelmed my eye starts twitching. thats been happening for about an hour now.

sometimes i feel guilty (as a christian) for allowing myself to get overwhelmed or stressed about life. i KNOW that God is able, faithful, dependable and in control. so why do i let myself get in a tizzy? (i've never said that in my life...)

i wish i didn't. i am going to work on staying calm and at peace when things seem iffy.

there's a lot on my mind right now. a LOT.

Gabe is 2. we're learning this age comes with a little more...let's call it "spunk!" my heart is to always treat him with love and respect. i am having to learn how to discipline in a loving tone and manner.

jay and i want to be consistent in our response to his spunky moments and in our parenting. we feel like we have a pretty good grasp on putting ourselves in his position, thinking of ways WE can change instead of demanding HE change. he is 2. he cannot always express how he feels and what his needs are.

so we are prayerfully moving through this new stage. i am very thankful that God continually reminds us of Gabes obedient heart. he truly has a heart to obey. we do not take that for granted!!!

last night he had us laughing even when we were at our wits end! jay told him to tell me he loved me before bed. (he was finishing his snack of mini pancakes) so instead of saying i love you he yelled "tantakes!" we laughed. he is a nut.

after going down, he talked and sang in his crib for a while. that is the G i think of when he's having a meltdown.

he has a precious heart. he wants to do the right thing. he wants to make us happy. Lord help me love, guide and encourage him. and speak to him as YOU would...heck as You speak to me when i'm being "spunky!"

in other news, please join us in praying for a sweet 13 year old chinese boy named Holden who needs to be adopted by JUNE or he will be thrown out of his orphanage b/c of his age. our hearts are breaking for him. we've told the Lord we're willing to do whatever! we don't know if that means simply praying for him, getting the word out about him or bringing him into our family. but we do know He's called us into action! pray with us.

now, less serious information...
- i love country life (as everyone knows.) i am aware that i MUST take 3 gas-x 30 mins before i eat it. i did that yesterday. apparently the 3 i took had expired. that's all i'mma say...
- there are m&ms in the candy jar downstairs. its kinda all i think about.
- i am so glad the sun is out today!
- my favorite time of the day is breakfast. i really love my coffee.
- i love to laugh
- i love to be busy at work. love it.
- my calendar hanging in my office is still on august of 2013. awesome.
- we celebrated vasa's bday saturday. when i look at him i can't help but see the evidence of Christ. what a precious gift he is to our family.
- my friend peyton is pregnant. she is going to be the most fun, entertaining mom...EVER.
- my parents are my favorite people. i cannot say enough about them. i truly am blessed.
- i chew gum almost constantly
- i use pepper often but cannot remember the last time i used salt.
- i dont wear a watch except for when i run and when i'm on the TA retreat.
- i love to see my friends happy, successful and in love :)
- my knees ache often. ahh
- i am finally getting my pre-menopausal self checked later this month
- jay is going to be out of town at least 10 days in february. please feel free to keep G during that time :)
- going to a movie never sounds good to me until i'm sitting in the theater. but then i love it.
- jay said i have no shame by throwing this out on FB but he didn't say anything about my blog...i'd love to make some extra money either working from home or working an afternoon or so a week somewhere. if you know of anything, let me know. :)
- having sex to have a baby is a lot more fun and easier than the adoption process. love on folks you know who are in the process!
- i blogged 2 days in a row.

neither blog is very interesting. i need some topics! :)


Comments

  1. I love your blog, even random ones!

    I use pepper liberally. My mom is living with us, an we take care of her. Apparently she is not a big fan of pepper. After 8 or 9 months of living here she started complaining about everything being so peppery LOL. I had to remember to dial it back when fixing her grits :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert