give Jesus a try

i'm not a preacher. i don't even enjoy theological talk. my relationship with Jesus is simple and thats how i (i hope we!) like it.

it's Good Friday.  the day we slow down and think about what Jesus did for us. wow. i am overwhelmed by what He did for us.

jay always likes it when i give the "kaci version" of a movie or a book, etc. i tend to paraphrase and just hit the highlights. (sometimes i make fun of things...) but not Jesus. (i'm already sweeping porches in Heaven. i'm not picking fights with Jesus!)

so here's the kaci version of what Jesus did.

He left the perfectness of Heaven.

i won't lie. the thought of Heaven excites me and confuses me! i wonder what i'm going to do FOREVER. i mean, thats a LONG time!!  i trust that it will be perfect and amazing! but my earthly mind can't wrap around FOREVER...

i know that God is much bigger than me. so His plans for Heaven will certainly be awesome. here are some things i'm hoping for :)

- eating whatever i want, whenever i want and calories not counting. bring.on.the.waffles.peanutbutter.chocoalate.carbs.icecream.frenchfries.icouldlistfordays.

- being surrounded by the beach. i hope my shack (doubtful i'mma get a mansion!) is on the beach.

- OF COURSE meeting Jesus is first on my list.
- then finding Mr Terry
- punching Eve and Adam for not being there to stop her.

- i look forward to being able to sing and it sound good! i hope to be a good dancer too.

ok back to Jesus :)

He left the perfectness of Heaven and came here as a baby. a helpless tiny baby. born surrounded by animals (my personal hell) and with nothing. He went from everything to nothing.

then He had to grow up. He had to go through all those stages of life. even the FUNK STAGE that is the middle school years. eww.

but He did it with grace. He did it without ever sinning. EVER. that is amazing to me. i sin before i get out of bed most mornings i bet.

i'm not sure we give Him credit for NEVER SINNING. i don't even understand. what an awesome Man. and he stayed sinless WITHOUT any type of "super powers." i can't. i don't know how.

i would've been such a punk if i'd been Jesus. i would've been doing miracles left and right. if someone doubted me i would've turned them into a goat or something.

hence...God choosing Jesus to be Jesus :)

we all would've messed that up!

He was HUMAN. He lived on this earth completely human. He was tempted. He had emotions. He had to be potty-trained, learn to put on His sandals, do chores, learn to read, etc. wow.

He felt every emotion that we have felt. He was tempted just like we are.

That is one of my favorite scriptures about Him. it gives me hope when i think i just can't.

when He knew it was time to be crucified He didn't want to do it. Not even in a selfish way (which would've been me...) He didn't want to die. He didn't want to be separated from His Father. wow.

i choose sin often that separates me from Him. i wish i didn't.

He died for me. He did for you. He went through all that mess....being beaten, embarrassed (i bet!), made fun of, spat on, left hanging on a cross with His Fathers presence gone for US.

so if thats not enough to make you want to give Jesus a try - Here are some more reasons...(kaci version)

He is faithful. unlike every person we've ever known He will NOT let us down.

He is gentle. even when i fail Him He is kind and gentle in disciplining me.
- ok but not to say He can't be TOUGH AS NAILS. let's be real. He has been known to show His power. and i cannot wait to see Him defeat the enemy for that LAST TIME.

He is JOY. i think people think if they love Jesus they can't have fun. that couldn't be further from the truth. He is joy. when you are in a relationship with Him - circumstances may SUCK but you can have His joy and peace (which passes all understanding!)
- christians go through crap just like everybody else. the only difference is we have the Holy Spirit living inside us to be all that we are not when times are tough. (and good for that matter!)

Jesus doesn't want to make your life boring, lame or cheesy. you don't have to be a nerd to be a christian. thats not at all what He died for.

He is the way to LIFE. real life. true life. life that is abundant.

kaci version of that...

If He wanted life to suck....He wouldn't have created the beach, the mountains, or whatever you delight in. and let's be real...He came up with SEX. yeet.

Like i said i am not a theologian. i probably said things that aren't necessarily scriptural in this blog. i hope He understands my heart.

i just want to remind myself and share with others that...

Jesus is worth it. NOTHING on this earth compares to Him. nothing.

not being rich, popular, thin, gorgeous, talented, married, a parent, partying hard, being famous, being cool, successful....NOTHING.

so if you haven't given Jesus a chance i recommend it. in fact, i pray that you will.

one of the things that makes me sad is thinking about the day when Jesus returns. my heart breaks to think of the people in my life that i know and love that i don't share my faith with.

i don't want them to live (on this earth) without the JOY & PEACE of knowing Jesus...but i certainly don't want them looking at me when they are turned away from Heaven. oh gosh, i don't want them asking why i didn't share my faith...

i love Jesus. thank You for ALL you have done for me.

forgive me for not always living in a way that honors that.

Comments

  1. Wow, Kaci! This is an AMAZING blog! I am so impressed that you said the S-- word! Not only can I not say it, I can't write it either! You inspire me more than you know! Your heart for the Lord and others shines through you. Your smile lights up a room! Thank you for being such a sweet friend. I think you honor Jesus more than you give yourself credit for. In fact, I think He is smiling down upon you right now saying, "Well done, good and faithful servant!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert