for Bonnie!


This one’s for Bonnie White! Hope you recover quickly & completely. Praying for you.

I’m headed to play with vasa this afternoon. I’m so very excited. I cant wait to see what he says/does to make me laugh today.

Yesterday I picked the girls up from vbs and went to lunch with them. I’ve had a migraine for a couple days this week so I wasn’t feeling 100% but I did NOT want to let them down.

So I traded cars with my dad. Yep, I was kickin’ it in the minivan. It still makes me laugh that he drives a minivan. I was a little worried that I might embarrass the girls. You all know I don’t like to wear makeup so I didn’t have it on & my clothes didn’t match. Haha. Poor kids. Ava did kind of look at me funny…but seemed happy to see me none-the-less.

We grabbed their noodle artwork & headed for lunch. Well first we had to pick up Addison. The older girls have been double dippin’ with st luke & ccc vbs this week! Addison only goes at night. On the way to pick her up we talked about all the girls have learned so far this week. I learned that Christ Community has better snacks for vbs than st luke. (yep, these girls are true dunlaps.)

Vasa was fake crying in the minivan with Claire. He smiled when I popped my head in to say hey & then went right back to “crying.”

Mom met us for lunch (aka paid.) it was fun. We all about froze to death in chickfila. But laughed a lot. Addison saw a car she thought was “cool” on the way in. it was some sort of sports car. I said it looked “redneck.” Allie busted out & replied, “I bet jay would like it.”  AHHH hahahahaha.

After lunch I rested & tried to get rid of my headache. Finally today I’m feeling better. (so far at least.)

Since I don’t have much to talk about…I’ll just type what I’m thinking. (these are jays favorites.)

I really don’t like having to paint my toenails. I wonder who came up with the idea. I like the way my feet look when my nails are painted I just don’t like the awkwardness of getting it done. I think my feet look like man feet unpolished. Boo.

My mom wont eat at places like panera b/c she refuses to pay a lot for her food & have to throw away her own trash. I like that theory. But I still go there, often. I love their salads & coffee.

My addiction to coffee, squirt butter & peanut butter is really, really bad. I try to watch my servings of these things each day. But a part of me gets really sad when my daily allowance is over. I need help.

I don’t understand how people run on treadmills. That has to be the most boring thing ever. I will run in extreme heat, rain, cold, etc. but I refuse a treadmill. I stare at the clock in a severe state of depression on those things.

Add treadmills to my list of things in hell.

I am almost done reading through the entire Bible. Amen.

Sunday I have wayyyyyy too many “jobs.” I’m supposed to make sure everything is in order for disco 2 at ccc, work in the nursery for the 11am service and I have an afternoon training for TA grad staff. Well hello Sunday!

I do like playing with the babies though. It’s sweet. (mostly)

Sometimes I wish I could just get pregnant. Why does it have to be complicated for me? I often feel guilty b/c jay really wants children (like 3 years ago) and I feel like I’m the reason he cant have that. We are moving forward with adoption. But I still have moments (especially when I see pregnant ladies) that I wish I could just BE pregnant. Oh well. I know God has something special for us on this journey. I’ll keep trusting Him.

Kids do terrify me. I am a VERY routine person. I am a planner. I can probably tell you who I am having lunch with two weeks from today. I know that kids can put a damper on plans! I love my gym time, coffee time, quiet time, etc so I am already praying for my selfish nature.

I worked with 3 year olds when I was in college. I had 10 three year old girls every afternoon at st mark for 5 hours. Oh my! They kept me on my toes FO SHIZ. I learned a lot from those girls. I learned patience when they didn’t want to take a nap, self-control when I wanted to inhale the box of goldfish during snack time, and most importantly how much kids adore their parents.

I would watch as some parents would barge in the room (typically as late as possible), grab their kids book bag and tell them to “come on.” they didn’t even slow down to say hello to their child or simply ask how they were doing. I would watch the joy/excitement/smile on their child's face SINK & crumple into sadness as they realized their parents didn’t have time for them. I hated hated hated it. To me those kids always seemed a little more timid, sometimes angry and less comfortable in their own skin.

I also got to see the parents that greeted their children with huge hugs & smiles. Those kids always seemed to burst with confidence & a sense of peace. For the most part they seemed more comfortable, they had a sense of self-worth and happiness. I LOVED watching those kids get picked up! Their parents would come in, sit down, talk, hug/kiss, laugh and acknowledge that their kids are PEOPLE! They made sure their child knew that they were loved & wanted and (heaven-forbid) missed during the day!!

I hope I’m that kind of mom. I know I’ll have my days. But I am asking God know to mold me into the kind of mom that puts away my selfishness in order to help my child KNOW they are loved.

I hope to be a mom one day, at least.

COLLEGE FOOTBALL is soooooooooooooooo close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Saturdays during college football season consist of running/working out and football. (plus coffee, squirt butter & pb of course.)

I love it.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

Jay and I are celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary next week. YEET.

I should blog on our story one day! Maybe next week. Oh Lord.

It’s almost vasa time. So I’ll wrap up.

Things I love:
Popcorn
The new testament (after pushing straight through the old!)
Guacamole
Flip-flops
 Murder shows (like dateline, 48 hours)
Rice cakes
Fresh summer veggies…especially tomatoes.
The smell of fresh laundry
The sound of jays truck (or motorcyle) pull in the driveway.
Hearing my nieces & vasa laugh.
Surprising people with gifts.
Large unsweet tea (anytime)
Captain wafer crackers
Grilled chicken salad at texas roadhouse
A clean house & car.
Pink lady apples
Tasting things at fresh market
Target
The beach
Waffles from hotels
Salt on a sweet potato
Hearing jay sing
Encouraging/loving texts from my brother
And for precious people (like Bonnie White) who read my blog!

Comments

  1. this post - especially the "dedication" to bonnie - makes me grin. she'll be tickled, for sure.

    and for the record, i think you are going to be a fabulous mother, no matter which road gets you there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more