zero point to this blog...


I can’t think of anything specific to blog about. So I’m just going to talk…could get dangerous.

I really like sundried tomatoes.

Jay is going to wal-mart tonight. So there should be plenty of exciting stories for tomorrow. He tried to say that I exaggerate about him leaving things out & around. This morning I woke up to a big jar of raisins in the living room. It never ends.

I might be one of those annoying gym people. I just figured that out today. I am “that girl” who hoots & hollers during class. Yeah, I yell “heyyy, etc.” it’s mainly to keep myself going when I want to lay down.

Jay & I went to see his parents last week for his bday. Sooooooo much fun. His parents are hilarious. His whole family is really.

My healthy eating used to stress his mom out. Now she just makes fun of it. I love it. Thursday night we had red snapper that the guys caught on their recent deep-sea fishing trip. It was yummy!! I helped in the kitchen. It’s always a blast with Janice.

At one point we were making the mix for hush puppies. We had 2 different types: one was kim’s (jays sister) and one was janice’s. Janice adds kernels of corn to hers. I was working on my part and I saw her digging through the freezer. Then I heard, “ohhh no! but I saw corn on the bag!?” hahahaha she’d poured stir-fry in her hush puppy mix.

I laughed. She gave me the stank eye. 

Then she got me back. She made me dig in the freezer for the corn. I FINALLY found it after getting on my knees, digging & freezing my hands off!!!!

I really didn’t mean to make a mess of the freezer but couldn’t help but laugh later when she went to get something out of the freezer and things began falling all over her. She was quick to call me out on it!
I sleep better at their house than I do anywhere else. It’s like I’m drugged. (maybe I am?!) who cares? I love it. 
It’s the best. Sleep. Ever.

We ate A LOT & celebrated jays bday for 2 days.

I am so thankful that I love his family and that they love me. (I wonder what they thought of me when we first met…I dare not ask!) I don’t take them for granted. I love being a Lesley. It’s such an amazing family to be a part of.

Vasaaaaaaaaaaa! 

I’m still obsessed. I got to see him twice on Sunday. We played a little bit at church. I totally walked away from the guest booth (sorry pam!) and took vasa to visit his uncle jay.  He saw jay and said “guitar.” YAY! Jay sang a silly song for him and let him strum a little.

Then we got to play at lunch. My family tries to eat together every Sunday but lately it’s been scarce. But we finally got to eat this week for jays bday. We had all his favorites: pork tenderloin, sour cream mashed potatoes, creamed corn, field peas, lima beans, rolls and (of course) my mom’s homemade chocolate cake & ice cream. YUM.

Vasa ate mostly peas.

He and I played after the meal was finished. We ran from room to room exploring mimi & poppy’s house. We played with a jump rope (which was a bad idea), he rode this little eor (sp?) donkey around like a maniac & we tried to keep him from running into things. It was chaos (aka – perfect.)

Allie & I ran out quietly and went grocery shopping. It was fun. She is really fun to spend time with. She’s easy-going, observant & really smart. I enjoyed talking to her while we shopped. She’s just like me and HATES the cold sections…so we ran through those together. People definitely looked at us funny.

Lizzie & I got to play with vasa again yesterday. Hear this folks – josh & Claire are beyond awesome. I know they must be worn out! Precious vasa NEVER SLOWS DOWN.

Claire stays so calm & smiley through all the chaos. She’s A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!

we got to feed him lunch, watch him drive his sisters Barbie jeep, draw/color, play in & out of a tent playhouse thing & turn the dryer on (a time or 2…) he showed lizzie his bedroom & the bathroom he shares with ava. He would make funny snoring/sleeping sounds when we got near his bed & he’d say “night night.”

Hmm, what else did he say yesterday…buddy (which is my favorite), more please, finished, yes, yucky, spin spin (washing machine),  momma, papa, dog, car, beep beep, one, and more.
Thursday I’m going to hang out with the girls. Lizzie too I think! We are going to get lunch and who knows what else. Should be fun.

Everyone knows I don’t like animals. Jay was asking me about it on the way to his parents. I’m not sure what brought it up but he asked about horseback riding. Yeah, I’ve had bad luck with that as well.
Last time I attempted that (I think I was 15 or so) about half way through our “tour” or whatever you wanna call it….by horse apparently got ….excited? b/c it jumped on the back of the horse in front of me. yep, there I was on my horse & half of another. I FREAKED. So I had to get off my horse & ride the rest of the way with the guide.

Animals are gross.

Oh, I remember what got us on horses. I made Nick Cash’s quote book once. We were announcing an upcoming event at the Levi’s farm. We were listing out the games we were playing, etc and some kid yelled out “can we ride horses?” and my response was “if you bring a horse, you can ride a horse.”
Better than some things I’m quoted for in the TA world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more