just thinking

no real point. just thinking...

there are things in this world that make me sad:
- hearing about middle school kids who are involved in drinking, partying and being punks to kids who don't have as much money as others. good grief.

i wish i could just go in there and help them all understand how completely ridiculous all of that is. ugh.

- seeing and hearing people constantly talking about weight loss, exercise, diet. etc.

now, y'all know i cant say anything. bc i have been known to post about hard workouts, long runs, sore muscles, etc. and i think that making jokes or commenting on it every now and then is fine. but it makes me sad to see it bombarding media.

here's a few reasons why: i dont want my nieces to fall into the trap that i did....i dont want them to get caught up in how they look. it sucks the joy out of life. it has nothing to do with His glory.

now -  that being said. i will continue to exercise and eat healthy. why? bc i enjoy it. i like the challenge. i like being FIT. i used to want to be SKINNY...now finally i can say FIT!

my sweet cousin mentioned today that people are giving her a hard time about doing crossfit. that annoys me. why does everyone have to have an opinion? ha. let the girl workout!

(that being said....i have had times in my life when i wasn't doing it in a healthy way and i am thankful for those who helped me see that!)

but my cousin is doing it with a good heart & mind so let the woman workout :)

i don't understand why people can eat fried, greasy things and not exercise and we seem to let it go. but we feel like we can pick on folks who try to be healthy. what?!

last thing on that - i am FINALLY at a place in my life where being FREE in Christ matters more to me than my size. its true.

i told jay yesterday i'd rather gain weight than live in the bondage i lived in for at least 8 years. SO - if you see me "chunkin' up" just know i am alive in HIM and that, my friends, is what matters.

i'm also going on vacation next week and don't plan on exercising while i'm gone. :)  who is this girl???? if i get super inspired i may do some sort of exercise but i'm not planning/thinking/worrying about it. let us all shout AMEN!

pray for me though :)  this freedom i am DETERMINED to live in certainly comes with challenges...and an enemy that is "poised and ready to pounce." jerk.

things that make me HAPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY:
- the beach with friends
- good conversations with great people, like Jessica Stephens and Danelle McNew
- knowing i am supported and loved, thanks Dee Dee Stephens :)
- learning fun things about the people i work with...know yo boo 2.0
- when G says "i kiss mom" and kisses me for no reason
- bethel worship
- cindy sargent.
- 92 days til college football
- jay
- claires funny texts
- my family in general
- lamps. i hate overhead lights
- when g sings in the shower and bed at night
- toast
- uncommon athlete (can i say that after my soapbox rant above?)
- coffee
- aaron walls sense of humor
- my fun tues night small group
- staying in touch with TAs that have graduated, some married and even have kids. i love it.
- asking people questions and having people ask me questions. too fun.
- roaming around target
- really good tea
- checking things off a to do list
- lazy days with my boys
- empty trashcans
- my brothers back porch
- my dads super white legs
- cold water when i'm parched :)

i guess i will shut up. pointless post i know. just doing some thinking.

and warning y'all i'm living in FREEDOM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert