so thankful

Proverbs 10:17 says, "He who heeds instruction and correction is [not only himself] in the way of life [but also] is a way of life for others. And he who neglects or refuses reproof [not only himself] goes astray [but also] causes to err and is a path toward ruin for others." (amplified)

i had a sweet friend message me yesterday and share how my words (and jokes) about my weight struggles may hurt and trip others up. 

my first reaction was to be defensive. but the Lord softened my heart to receive what she said and she was right. 

she was so kind and gentle with her thoughts. i know she did the godly thing by coming to me and i appreciate that. 

y'all know my heart. i wouldn't ever want my words to hurt anyone. i certainly wouldn't want my 8 year struggle to freedom from this obnoxious sin in my life to cause someone else to stumble. so if i have made anyone feel bad about themselves or their body i am so VERY sorry.

honestly i am embarrassed that i even still struggle. i am so embarrassed that after all these years and all the work the Lord has done in my life that i am STILL talking about the same ol mess. ugh. 

ultimately my heart has been to keep people from falling into the lies of the enemy...no matter what he is lying to you about. so i pray that is what you've heard and nothing that would cause anyone to thing negatively about themselves.

my prayer is that i'm so done with this struggle i wont even mention it again. amen!!

i'll keep this post short and sweet. 

just forgive me if i've jacked you up in any way! KNOW that my struggle was only with MYSELF. it was sin. it was ungodly. and in Jesus' name...its over.



Comments

  1. Thank you for posting this-- for a couple of reasons. First--your example of confession and humility is inspiring, and a model we can all emulate! Second--I (now) notice that you deleted the last line of your previous post about what freedom meant, even if it meant being a size x. I read that yesterday and was like, "DANG! What I would do to be that size! Or even twice that size!" Now, I know you didn't mean that as a dig against anyone and I know it was really just you saying that freedom will also mean being free of the ties associated with dress size, so I really didn't think twice about it. But! I definitely also appreciate your hindsight and sensitivity. Even though you didn't mean it to be hurtful, a temptation, or a stumbling block, you recognized the potential for unintended impact and you were straight up about it...and I think it's so brave and wise and admirable for you to write this post. You're one of the coolest people I "know". I've said it before, but I'll say it again-- it's a bummer that I didn't get a chance to know you better before I left Columbus, but I think it's awesome how the Lord is using you to teach me, even from a distance! Thank you for being YOU, Kaci! And for just being REAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I read your post yesterday, and your struggle is your struggle. It's not my struggle, but that doesn't make it any less of a struggle. My struggle is different, but you don't have to change anything because of that. I am so proud of who you are and who you are becoming and the freedom you are walking in. Don't let anyone take that away from you. Yes you can be sensitive to other people, but there are plenty of people who share your same struggle who need to hear you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert