grumpy pants

i've been a tad overwhelmed and a little (ok a lot) grumpy today. i looked through my old blogs and saw that a year ago i wrote my 100th blog. for that one i listed 100 random kaci thoughts. so instead of being a grump i thought i'd try to list 100 things that make me happy.

now, we all know i love Jesus. i appreciate his grace, mercy, love etc. so this list isn't going to hit everything thing...and certainly wont hit all my Jesus-y things. so heads up on that.

100. FALL. i love cool mornings and comfortable afternoons. (is that too much to ask?! ha)
99. a new dateline and/or 48 hours on my dvr
98. the show franklin & bash. i think i am the only one who watches it but it makes me laugh.
97. the food network. right madison?! :)
96. seeing all the "regulars" at lake bottom in the mornings.
95. getting in bed with clean sheets
94. supper with my boys...every night at 6!
93. having candles lit in my house and office
92. the coffee Jonathan Moore makes on TA retreats.
91. Dee Dee Stephens. always.
90. Keith's cooking at the CCC christmas party. and the (not so churchy!) fun white elephant gifts.
89. havent had one in YEARS - but my granny Frankies homemade biscuits.
88. getting emails from Gs birth mom.
87. helping people with adoption home studies/post placements
86. hilarious, random texts from madison montgomery.
85. having a friend like courtney owen brewster. everyone should have one.
84. thanksgiving food.
83. my "something for God to do" box
82. jessica stephens
81. the fact that jay and i honestly love each other. its good. its easy. its refreshing.
80. how G smells when he gets out of the tub/shower.
79. my family. nothing better.
78. Uncommon Athlete.
77. jergens natural glow lotion.
76. bread
75. good books
74. everything about christmas
73. especially christmas lights and music
72. yogurt
71. yellow rice. i could live on it.
70. texting. i HATE talking on the phone. unless you are my mom or jay...just truth folks.
69. friends that run with me
68. friends that ride with me :)
67. people that volunteer
66. hand me downs
65. surprising people with gifts
64. jays snack drawer
63. seeing students make good choices
62. this funny picture of aaron wall dressed like where's waldo that hangs by my desk
61. the funny picture of andrew cowart that aaron made that hangs by my desk
60. B.A.S.I.C yeet
59. that luke & hannah moved in down the street
58. that g, moses and baby mann can grow up together
57. this pimp office chair that our former neighbors gave me. thanks brenda and roy!
56. jay's moms homemade cheese ball
55. fires in a fireplace or fire pit
54. being done with school (graduated from college 13 years ago and i'm still thankful.)
53. non-cheesy christian music
52. when G and i laugh til we cant breathe
51. our porch swing
50. not weighing myself anymore. AMEN.
49. when someone tells me they are praying for me
48. an ice cold diet coke on road trips. (dont judge)
47. the fact that jay and i LOVE getting a room with 2 double beds in hotels. yes. amen.
46. laughter
45. fall leaves
44. long-sleeved tshirts
43. guacamole
42. my dads grilled chicken
41. college football
40. funny voicemails from jay
39. funny voicemails from my brother
38. thoughtful people
37. freshly waxed eyebrows
36. cute stationary
35. stretching after a good workout
34. coffee
32. the RARE occasion that i make the trashcan when i throw something towards it
31. jay reading scripture at supper every night
30. the movie you've got mail
29. all the growth groups i've had
28. TA staff retreats
27. trail mix
28. quiet
27. allen levi pouring into (mentoring) my husband
26. shopping at tuesday morning
25. chickfila fries with the skin on them. YUM.
24. emails/notes/texts that are encouraging about my job. i get them from students not so much adults
23. the TA pantry & kitchen after an event
22. picking up G from school. i LOOOOOVE hearing him say "mama!!!"
21. trips with jay
20. hearing hannah smith sing
19. peanuts
18. pb2 & chocolate pb2
17. friends that are faithful. i appreciate getting "hey how are ya" texts. thats enough :)
16. my co-workers
15. experiencing new things with G
14. not having to drive. i'd much rather be a passenger
13. christ community church
12. blanket/couch/me/winter
11. sabbatical days
10. matinees
9. jay b lesley's heart
8. parents that love me no matter what.
7. sweet Aaron Wall. hard to find folks like him.
6. the beach
5. remembering back to our trip to pick up G. one of my all-time favorite weeks.
4. the alphabet in Gs room and the sweet friends/prayers that are behind it.
3. seeing my dad laugh
2. salvation
1. that i can find good things on grumpy days :)

Comments

  1. Kaci, I like Jesus, my dear husband, you (your posts can always lift my spirits,) Franklin & Bash, rainy days with a good book, TA's, DB's sweet heart and now you've got me waiting to make a list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert