questions from Tori

My super fun niece (Tori) gave me a list of 20 questions answer in my blog. So I am going to answer a few of them today. Should be fun! I love questions.

9 things I just cant handle…
1.      Feet without socks
2.      Mouth noises (smacking, loud eating, biting fingernails, etc.)
3.      Vomit
4.      Things being out of order (I like things in their place before I go to bed.)
5.      Lots of chaos. My nerves just fall apart
6.      Small talk. I’m SOOOOO bad at it.
7.      Animals. I don’t understand how people have pets on their furniture and in their bed. Ugh
8.      Couples who are obnoxiously cuddly/kissy in public.
9.      Couples who use pet names. Gross. (unless they are silly ones like cool whip and squirrel nut!)

Who would I invite to my celebrity dinner party?
Celebrities (for the most part) annoy me. Hmm…  
Justin Timberlake. I can’t help myself. I want to go to one of his concerts.
Uncle Si.
The cast of the Big Bang Theory. Love it
Nick Saban and Mark Richt

Top 5 favorite foods:
Healthy version – hummus, sweet potatoes, guacamole, my dads grilled chicken, and yogurt.
Non-healthy calories don’t count version – French fries, anything Mexican, cake (all cake), anything with cream cheese icing and peanut butter.

7 things I love about jay:
1.      He is always, (yep always) kind.
2.      He is gentle
3.      Very even tempered. He doesn’t get angry.
4.      He loves me and Gabe unconditionally.
5.      He’s an amazing spiritual leader for our family
6.      He’s honest.
7.      He’s talented and hilarious. (oops, that’s 8.)

Favorite Wedding Day Memory –
Oh I cant pick one thing. They whole day was PERFECT. I ran that morning with my friend sarah jane. Then went to brunch with my family and his (and out of town guests) at my brothers house. We had tomato pie, oatmeal cake, breakfast casserole, fruit, grits, etc. I cant even remember it all but it was delicious. I didn't even shower before I went (gross but true.) we ate until we couldn't breathe and watched the video my mom put together with pictures of us growing up and then together. So fun.

After brunch I went home. Jay and his parents came over to my condo for a bit. I think they left around 12:30. My best friend Ashley Bourke (now Wright) came over soon after with her cute dress and 2 different pairs of shoes. She couldn't choose which one she wanted to wear. So I had to book it getting ready. I had to be showered and ready for pictures at 2pm. Yes, that was an hour and a half. Ha. Obviously I was a low-maintenance bride.

I did my own hair (just straight like normal) and my own makeup. I wanted to look like myself on my wedding day. Ashley was my only bridesmaid. We had a small ceremony with only about 60 family and super close friends.

We took some pictures, made a video about how we were feeling and thought for each other. That was fun. We kicked back and relaxed before the service. It was sweet time with family. We started the ceremony with worship. Loved it. Jay surprised me and added my favorite song to the list. So I cried when we started singing it. So precious. Jay and I rarely get to worship together because he is always leading so that made it even more special.

My brother sang, I made Keefee (Dr Keith Cowart) sing during communion. He did NOT want to.
Jays dad opened our time in prayer and my dad closed. So that was sweet. Both of our fathers served communion. Loved it.

We got married at 5pm. Then at 7pm around 300 of our friends met us for dinner and dancing at the Green Island Country Club. It was a BLAST. We stopped and talked to every table. We ate a lot and danced so hard we both had to shower before we left.

I lost my contact in my eye for 30 mins while changing/showering etc.

I didn't put on makeup to leave. Just threw on a cute going-away dress and ran to the limo. We jumped in, waved goodbye to friends and family and headed to Atlanta. You might think we were all romantic. But noooooo. Jay slept the whole way and I ate cake from the picnic basket the country club packed for us.

When we arrived in Atlanta we acted like 10 year olds. My brother and Claire got us a room at the Ritz Carlton. We are more holiday inn type folks so we were in awe!

I laid out all my (ridiculous) lingerie and told jay to pick one. We laughed and decided on the white gown since it was virginous ha. (I mean, I was a virgin…but we just thought it was funny.)

I wont go into those details but the night was fun!

The next morning we were enjoying our $14 waffles (pecan waffles with pecan syrup…yum) when we realized jay didn't have his passport. That’s when we called my brother in a panic. I don’t know how he did it but he met us at the Atlanta airport about 45 minutes after we hung up the phone. It was amazing. I remember his hair was wind-blown from driving so fast. Hilarious.

Our honeymoon was lazy and fantastic. We went to the gym once for about 5 mins.

We ate A LOT. They had guacamole right by the pools. I killed it.

We basically ate, laid by the pool, ate, enjoyed each other in a “godly way” yeet! And ate more. Perfect.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more