blah

today i'm kind of blah. i havent been feeling 100%. i'm sleepy, i feel old and worn out.

one reason i could be tired is b/c jay decided to "play the organ" on his ipad last night...very loudly. i was dead asleep and next thing i know i hear obnoxious, haunted house music coming from the living room.

i wasnt about to get up. so i just called him from the bedroom. he answered with "uh oh." yeah, he knew. i finally went back to sleep and then like kramer from seinfeld...he came flying in the bedroom (as if to announce he was coming to bed.) i told him i kinda hated him in my heart.

he got in bed. flopped around for a while and went to sleep. thank God.

i did not want to exercise but i pushed through my morning routine.

i did get a (jackpot!!) bag of hand-me-downs today. i really have zero shame in praying for hand-me-downs. i try not to shop often. when i do shop i go to target & old navy and only hit up the sale racks. so getting a bag of stuff is like CHRISTMAS to me. thank you. (please think of me when you are cleaning out your closets!)

speaking of christmas, i have received 2 christmas gifts since last thursday. yep, christmas. how funny.

i don't feel right blogging without a vasa update! claire said he's learning some english. he said yucky at least 15 times yesterday. he also said banana, open and spin-spin (for washing machine) and gigi. his new favorite "toy" is the minivan. claire said he played in it for hours. that's hilarious.

he went to walmart with josh the other morning around 7:30am. josh said he LOVED riding in the shopping cart, putting things in the cart and looking at all the stuff walmart has to offer. simple joys in life!! they got vasa a cute sleeping bag (cars movie theme) and some fishing equipment for his upcoming river adventures!

my mom and i can't get over the fact that WE get to know & love this precious little boy. i really do feel blessed to have him (as well as the girls!) in my life. how fun. i hope i bring a smile to Gods face like those sweet kids do for me.

this might be my most boring blog ever. sorry.

do y'all ever have "fat days?" i'm having one today. booooo! not fun. i just try not to look in the mirror.

i am wearing makeup today. third time this week. whaaaaaat??? that never happens.

jays birthday is next week. he'll be 37. that blows my mind. i'm not sure what i'm going to get him. he's given me a couple ideas. but nothing too exciting. i try to be creative & thoughtful with my gifts. i'm not sure jay appreciates it :)

one year for his bday i gave him a planner. it was a nice, leather one and i wrote something i love about him on each day. yep, 365 DIFFERENT things i love about him. he didn't use it :(  but he did appreciate all my notes!! so dont think he's a punk. he still has the planner.

i'm nervous/excited about adoption. i feel like it's never really going to happen b/c i keep failing at getting things accomplished. but i am praying more for my child. i'm hoping to start doing my quiet times in the room that will be the nursery. (a friend told me she did that.) i want our house to be a place of peace for this sweet baby.

i totally love knowing that jay will sing my baby to sleep. i cant wait to see his face light up when he finally sees his child. jay LOVES kids. he's patient with them, he makes them laugh and he is silly with them. he typically hurts them at least once during his playtime...i think he forgets he's HUGE.

i have amazing parents and so does jay. that makes me happy too. i know our kids will be well taken care of and loved. josh & claire have supplied my kids with some pretty outstanding cousins too. i love it. (and j&c have tons of experience...she can expect many phone calls.)

what a great adventure we have ahead of us. obviously, i tell all. so you'll hear every detail :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert