vasa's sisters

It is vasa’s arrival day! In honor of his new world I thought I’d write about his fabulous sisters.
We’ll start with Ava since she’s the oldest. She will be 9 this year and in the 4th
grade. I can’t believe it. I talked to her on the phone this morning for a good 15 minutes. It was just like talking to an adult. She’s so wise. She has the sweetest spirit. It weirds me out that she’s so grown up & mature. I remember holding her the day she was born. I don’t know how it happened but somehow I got to be alone with her for like 30 mins. Oh I cried like a FOOL. I prayed over her asking God to give her His best always.
She’s smarter than me. her vocabulary is insane. She was like 3 talking about “respite care” at dinner one night. Jay & I had no clue what she was talking about.
We can’t convince her to sleep in. that girl wakes up crazy early. But here’s what’s precious. Ya know what she does when she wakes up?? She reads her Bible. P-R-E-C-I-O-U-S.
She always desires to do the right thing. Of course it’s impossible but she really, really tries to. God definitely gave her a pure, precious, obedient heart. I know He’s going to use it for His glory.  He already does. She blesses me every time I see her.
In an all-you-can-eat contest…ava would kick tail with chocolate & cool whip.

Then there’s allie. Oh allie. She is hilarious. Talk about smart! Whew that girl is observant! She pays attention to everything around her. I love that about her. She has always had a lot of spunk. I remember when she was 2ish yrs old and running around in the middle of the night naked pushing a baby stroller. Homegirl had things to do!! she’s calmed down a lot. She’s becoming this super loving, affectionate little thing. I love it. I love talking to her. I could sit and talk to her all day (honestly I could do that with any of the girls.) she’s willing to try just about anything. She loves boys! Watch out josh! She already writes in cursive better than me and she’s 7. I delight in this girl. I know that God is going to use her loving, kind heart to bring others to Him. I can’t wait to see what she becomes.
She loves animals. That’s the one thing we don’t agree on. I could never see another animal in my life and be ok with it. allie delights in them. Gross.
In an all-you-can-eat contest…allie would kick tail with hotdogs. SICK.

Make room folks….here comes Addison. We call her dd. DELIGHTFUL. Honestly, this kid is always happy. She enjoys every minute of life. I admire that about her. she’s bossy & I love it. not bossy in a bad way. She just knows what she wants. She wouldn’t ever be ugly to anyone. She may know what she wants but she obeys!! And will do whatever you tell her to. She’s great. I’m not sure I’ve ever known anyone that had a zest for life like dd. She’s bold, confident and kind. She’s not scared of anything. She would bungee jump today if she knew it existed. Girl had more bruises as a child than I’ve had my entire life. She’s 5 and proud of it. she just learned to swim and looks like the cutest bug you’ve ever seen with her goggles on.
Like allie & ava, she’s observant and smart. She’s all the time saying things that wipe us out. She coined the phrase “umple jay” in our family. We all enjoy hearing her greet him! I love this girl.
she's a girl after my own heart too. she loves accessories. she's always a fan of my jewelry!
Hands down dd can out eat us all when it comes to pancakes. She LOVES them. She’s also a big fan of butter & salt. Puts it on everything.
These girls have been awesome through this entire adoption process. They’ve never complained. I know they have missed their parents but they have made the best of their time without them. I know that God is honored by these 3 precious girls. they have opened their hearts & home to vasa. They haven’t been one bit selfish of their family or stuff. They understand that this is a calling on their life just as much as it is on josh & claires. I tell them all the time how proud I am of them and how they are changing vasas life!! they’ve probably done more for the Kingdom in their 5, 7, & 9 years of life than I ever will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

Lil update on us, Village Church and more

i'm no expert