i'm such a brat

i am pretty convinced that when i get to heaven God is going to say with love "come on in, you brat." i really must be annoying. i'm never content. it's either too hot or too cold.  i'm either too busy or bored. i pray for things i don't need. i complain to Him about all sorts of silly things...like why peanut butter has to be fattening.

i tell my family all the time that i'll visit their mansions in heaven during breaks from sweeping porches & doing touch-up work on the homes of folks who've lived better than me. i'm a "good girl." don't get me wrong. but i stumble over the same tricks of the enemy far too often. (and probably make fun of people too much.)

i'm constantly amazed at the faithfulness of God. i shouldn't be. He's always, always faithful. but i still worry, doubt, complain, get nervous and question His ways. He does the sweetest things to remind me that He's in control. i love it. i wish i did a better job of trusting.

i'm learning MANY, many lessons from watching vasa's adoption process. i'm being reminded of my need for God. i have been adopted by the King. i know that sounds cheesey but it's true! i am His child. wow. i hope i never get over that.

i cried when i read that my brother told vasa for the first time "you're my son." i could feel the joy & love in his heart as he finally got to announce those words to vasa. that's how God feels about us! heck if i know why but He celebrates that we are HIS.

just like vasa will learn from the discipline, love & parenting of josh & claire...i am learning from God. He gentley nugdes me when i get side-tracked. He makes me "clean my room" by clearing my heart and mind of negative thinking. He commands that i "do my homework" by hiding His Word in my heart. He comes to my "games." He supports whatever extra-curricular acitivites i'm involved in (like keeping me alive running in georgia humidity.) He leaves notes in my lunchbox with reminders of His faithfulness throughout the day. And like a good Father, He disciplines me because He loves me. even though i'm a brat.

Comments

  1. I loved this post; Especially this line: "He supports whatever extra-curricular acitivites i'm involved in (like keeping me alive running in georgia humidity.)" LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more