my heart may burst!!


I barely finished reading the text from Claire saying they’d be home in 20 mins. I threw on whatever clothes I came across first. (I don’t match.) Took my phone off the charger, far from charged, and took off. Jay was trying to walk out to the car with me but he couldn’t figure out which guitar he wanted to take with him…I didn’t have time for that foolishness. I didn’t even shut the door on my way out.

I impatiently waited at red lights and yelled at people who dared drive a mile under the speed limit. I normally don’t turn the radio on at all but I had to praise Jesus as I drove to meet my precious nephew. The closer I got, the faster my heart would beat. I thought I might pass out. (I’m aware of my psycho behavior…back off.)

I finally pulled in the driveway. I took a deep breath, thanked God for all He’s done and tried not to RUN in the house.

Walking (ok, jogging) in I saw a full table (ava, allie, dd, jack, wes and 2 beautiful moms – Claire & jill) and a tiny little guy being swallowed by his chair. Addison told him to turn around and smile. He did (even though he didn’t know she said that.) I was smitten. The sweetest smile, sweetest face and sweetest eyes I’ve ever seen.

I pulled up a seat right next to him. He was pretty serious about his lunch so he would glance over at me after getting a bite from Claire. He asked in sign language for more milk & yogurt. He “shared” his milk with me (no thanks kid…) He ate 2 servings of yogurt, some chicken noodle soup (minus the veggies that he’d quickly take out of his mouth) and some crackers. At one point he reached over, grabbed Claire’s arm and kissed her hand. I melted.

After finishing lunch he jumped down and started playing. He showed me the dogs outside the window (and said woof woof!) Then he took off running to allie & dd’s room to turn on their ipods. We did a little dancing. He & allie did the same dance that he & josh did for me on skype. He smiled and said “papa.” He remembered who taught him that.

He definitely loves his parents. He mentioned josh (his papa) several times. He smiled, kissed and ran to Claire every 10 mins or so. I love seeing that he already knows she’s there…going to be there…and he can count on it!

He was quite the rock star! All the kids & me followed him around the house. I took video and lots of pictures. I couldn’t help myself.

He talked a lot, in Russian of course. So I just said yes to everything! He has the most amazing, cute little voice. Love it!

He’s handsome, loving, smart, funny, content and seems to feel at home. I am so thankful. We have prayed & prayed that he’d feel safe & comfortable.

josh told the girls this morning to stay patient with vasa. Can you imagine?! Josh told the girls to think what life would be life if he took them to Russia and left them with a (loving!) family that didn’t even speak their language…wow, cant be easy. But vasa is brave! And His Heavenly Father is faithful. I love knowing we can trust God with every detail of life.

Several times I almost cried. One time ava was leaning down to talk to vasa and he threw his head up and bumped her in the nose. We all know how bad nose injuries hurt! She stayed calm but went to Claire and cried. Vasa came in and saw ava crying. He went straight over to her & Claire and reached for Claire to pick him up. He leaned over to see ava’s face. He saw her tears and started rubbing her arm. What a PRECIOUS heart!! They smiled at each other and he hugged his mom.

As I was leaving (which I MADE myself do) he waved, smiled that big ol perfect smile and blew me a kiss. It couldn’t have been any better.

Right along with his sisters, he has my heart. I am so glad that he is loving. I’m glad that he seems at peace. I pray that he will continue to find rest, comfort and safety in the arms of his family. There is no doubt in my mind that God handpicked vasa for our family. We are so blessed.

I can’t wait for you to meet him. He’ll steal your heart (if he hasn’t already.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more