running

few random thoughts: i need to start spell checking my blogs.  i really despise cats. (chas, thats for you!)  valentines day & new years eve are my least favorite holidays (both completed overrated.)  and tuesday is my least favorite day of the week.

i love my morning runs at the park. well, when its stupid hot i have a love/hate relationship with running. but most days, i love it. during the school year i enjoy seeing cute kids with backpacks, uniforms and smiles walking into wynnton elementary. the crossing guards are always sweet and sometimes even stop traffic for me. middle school & high school students are entertaining on my way to the park. i'm so glad i'm out of school and even more glad i'm not waiting on a bus. when i get down near CHS i enjoy watching new drivers hit curbs trying to park. i also smile watching students study in their cars, put on makeup and eat cereal out of solo cups.

i have some favorite runners/walkers that i see often. i don't know them. but i feel like we're friends because we spend our mornings "together."  one lady always wears a christian t-shirt (which reminds me that i should be praying...), this one old guy reminds me of ziggy, there's one super mean lady that casts spells on me i think (she speaks some other language and scowls at me, and then there's this one super tall gray-haired man that WILL NOT speak. i've tried everything...he won't budge.

there are 3 men that make me laugh. phil, jack & greg (i think those names are correct) are awesome. they've invited me to join them several times. one of these days i'm going to do it! they are super cute. they say they just "bs" the entire time they run. sounds super fun!! they ran with me for a bit one morning and discussed my hair with me. i made the POOR CHOICE of dying my hair blonde a few months back. it was fun for a day or two...but God made me a brunette on purpose. jack told me that they took a vote and they were all thankful i dyed it back brown. it made me laugh that they even cared much less talked about it! then one of them chimed in and said it took him a month to get up the nerve (2 years ago!) to tell me he liked my pixie cut better than my long hair. too cute. i agree. brunette & pixie for life.

i run at least 5 days a week...rain, crazy heat or random snow. i dont like races. they stress me out. i've done several half marathons. but i'd rather just run on my own. some days i do speed work (not often, sorry adam) but most days i just run with sporadic sprints. it's MY time. no phone, no music, no tv...just me, God and my thoughts. i love it. i hope that God will keep my joints, bunions and mind in tact so i can run for many more years.

least favorite things about running: jay wont go with me (unless he's riding in a golf cart alongside me...no joke.)  having to get new shoes every 3 months or 500/600 miles.  extreme weather.  unleashed dogs.  falling down (it happens at least once a year.)  when groups of women won't scoot over so i can run by.  being passed  by anyone that's not military or a man!  black toenails.  any run long enough to require me to eat during it!  oh funny story to close - jay was in charge of feeding me lunch after my first 20 mile run. he brought me a subway salad. really?

Comments

  1. I can relate to this as I run with the 7pm crowd. I often pass you in the morning when I'm heading into school. I can tell how late I am by whether or not I see you! I would honk, but I figure that would get annoying after about the third time. Not to mention, if you're like me, you get so zoned out when you're running that if someone honks you jump a mile. My students know this about me and honk on purpose. I'm afraid it usually results in an obscenity!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Realizing more & more about this move...

i'm no expert

Lil update on us, Village Church and more